mirror sites for different countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mirror sites for different countries

what's the best way to approach this? It has been suggested that I run several identical sites for north america, canada, UK.

I'm sure I've seen mention of a US specific form of actinic or am I dreaming?

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks

Identical sites = Duplicate content

Duplicate content = No, No.

It may be useful, however, to take advantage of using Actinic's multi-currency feature.

Comment

There is a us version of actinic, duplicate content is a No No as mentioned but sometimes this is required, especially if you require a site for you target audiance.

So have sites for US, Canada & UK how you avoid duplicate content is not an easy answer, but geographical domains would help, not 100% but a start.

You can show a single product with more than one currency but you can still only charge in the currency of your choice, not multiple currencies unless you have seperate sites for each currency which then comes back to duplicate content.

Catch22 - interesting book if you have never read it

Comment

how much content should be different to avoid getting hammered by the SE then?

would it make any difference if I ran the 3 sites on subdomains?

Comment

We have done this for a site (didn't realise it could cause SE problems).

www.viteyes.co.uk - english and in pounds
          www.viteyes.eu/eng/ - english and in euros
          www.viteyes.eu/fr/ - french and in euros

James
          www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
          www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
          www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
          www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
          www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

Working...
          X