Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking - v9 sbs

Hi,

we have sbs 2003 on our server, when networking multi user V9 we are having issues with backing up. we have manged to share stock and order files around the computers but when we back up the website in a snaphot, it is not finding the image folder which is situated in my docs, is there a way of moving the image file and where should it be moved to so we can successfully share and backup the website

regards

David
    www.outdoorworlddirect.co.uk - Suppliers of quality camping and outdoor equipment.

Hi David,

is there a way of moving the image file and where should it be moved to
    It's always best to have the 'image' folder within the site folder. If you do this you would then have to either go through your products/sections/brochure pages to make sure that the images are being referenced to the correct (new) path (ie images\imagename.gif) or you could edit the database directly and do a 'find and replace' to input the correct paths (back up the db beforehand if you do this).
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

hi tracey,

thanks for the reply
      my image folder is within the site folder (if that makes sense) but i notice that V9 saves the images to my documents/actinicv9 as opposed to v8 which saved them to the actinic folder. i will try what you instruct and hope it brings me some joy

regards
      www.outdoorworlddirect.co.uk - Suppliers of quality camping and outdoor equipment.

Comment

have you looked in to using disributed file sharing DFS ?
        you create a network share via the wizard - the actual file can be located on any PC or server. This will negate the need to move the file.

If you want more info from the help and support on the SBS look up DFS.

Hope this helps.
        www.craftyaddicts.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X