Hi! - An Actinic Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! - An Actinic Newbie

Hi guys, just joined up and am impressed with the amount of support and knowledge available on here for Actinic users. I recently installed a trial version of Actinic v9 as I've agreed to help a friend out with his Actinic based online shop. My background is 3+ years of hobbyist HTML and CSS with a bit of PHP and ASP. I've also had a fair bit of experience with a well known competitor I assume, as it's blocked it out! I'm a designer/artworker by trade.

The current site I'm helping on (from a design aspect) isn't great, and were currently working together on SEO techniques (another part of my day job). I will at some point in the future as an ongoing project be redesigning the whole site, just retaining the catalog products. I'm interested in Actinic and need to learn more and am quite confused by the whole offline program aspect of it. I've had a 10min play at the weekend and was quite bamboozled, but I'm sure I'll pick it up. Hopefully soon I'll be racking your brains soon with annoying questions and trivia.

Many thanks!

Tom.
    AdvantageDigitalMedia.co.uk
    Quality Flyer Printing, Business Cards & Letterheads, Leaflets, Menu and Poster Printing!

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum. Actinic is a little strange in the way it works, but that is also one of its strengths. It is a desktop application, meaning you can work anywhere on your site and then upload your changes whenever you want, that's the basic concept. Make sure you have a good read of the guides - KB, AUG and getting starting guide and with your background, you will soon be up to speed.

Comment

Hi Tom,

Make yourself at home (many of us do!)
      Read, absorb, search, post...don a tin hat on occasion and don't take anything personally.
      That's my best advice!

Meantime, enjoy...there might be the odd moment of tension but we're a nice bunch really

Welcome to the 'fold'
      Tracey

Comment

Working...
      X