Contact Us - Hosting Issue or Actinic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact Us - Hosting Issue or Actinic?

I'm unsure if this is a hosting issue, or if it's something within the settings of Actinic that i've mistakenly changed but would be very grateful if someone would try to use the Contact Us link and let me know what they think?

Actinic MultiSite v8.5.3

Its both...

i briefly saw the message SMTP authenitcation is not allowed on this server.

Error returned from SMTP server (1: SMTP Authentication is not supported by this server!)
    have you inadvertenly placed a tick on network settings for authentication?

if so remove it and reupload

Comment

Unfortunately a web refresh and check of the setting did not help.

I've lodged a support question with WebFusion, so shall see what they have to say.

Thanks.

Comment

Peter - this was working fine in Actinic previously so is most likely the change of hosts causing the issue.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Woops i didn't notice the IP.

Comment

change of host will also be why the image on capcha is missing too.

Comment

I'm not getting too much help from WebFusion Support......

"The following are the only information we can provide and if you are still not able to use the Mail function you need to investigate it further as this outside of our Scope of Support.

SMTP Server: intmail
              Username and Password required: Checked
              Username: A username for a mailbox you have created in your control panel
              Password: The password for this mailbox"

I then gave Webfusion my settings, and was told...

"Dear Peter,

Thank you for your response.

With regards to your query you will need to speak to actinic as these are the details you will need to authenticate to our mail-server.

Regards,
              Webfusion Support"

-------------------

On a Network Setting Test, I get the following two error messages;

1. The Network Test was unable to verify that the mail (SMTP) server you specified is valid (the name lookup failed). The mail server name may be correct. If it is (and your email address is correct), you will receive an email soon after this test has completed. This error can occur if the mail server you specified is incorrect, or if your PC network is not properly configured (for more information, see "DNS" in Windows help). If this problem is due to improper network configuration, you may not be able to place orders from this computer using the built in Actinic encryption method for credit card details.

2. The computer you specified as your mail server is not a valid mail (SMTP) server. Check the computer name or address and try again. If it fails again, then it is possible, you were locked out by a firewall program, or you don't have network connection to this server.

Then the test summary;
              Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
              server: passed
              connection: passed
              sockets: passed
              communications: failed
              authorisation: failed
              message: SMTP Authentication is not supported by this server!

-----------------------

Order processing (except for email from within Actinic) and site upload is all working fine but the functions not working are;

- Contact Us button
              Error message: Error returned from SMTP server (1: SMTP Authentication is not supported by this server!)

- Copy of order not being received

------------------

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Admin: This thread may be better under Upload & Server Problems

Comment

i seem to remember someone had some luck with using "localhost" for webfusion, this was a while ago though

D

Comment

Thanks Darren but I've tried that.

Comment

Originally posted by party_pete View Post
                    SMTPHOST intmail
                    Is the above what they recommend?

Have you checked your settings against the ones in the forum (provided by Mal i think) and the ones that webfusion provide on their site?

Comment

have you tried intmail.atlas.pipex.net

Comment

Lee - yes that's what they recommended and i've checked both the settings on forum and given by WebFusion.

Comment

Darren - no good either, thanks anyway.

Comment

Webfusion you need to use local host with no passwords. Never seen the contact us problem before and ive loads of sites working on webfusion so its a problem with your email network settings

Comment

Just tested it and its all working correctly for me - I assume you have fixed it

Comment

Working...
                              X