transferring between computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transferring between computers

I am in the early stages of entering product content into Actinic, and I've been trying to shift work from desktop to laptop so I can let the man with the screwdriver in on former.

Both have Actinic v8.5.2.0.0.0. (installed as far as I remember from the same setup file).

The Import Site process works without any apparent hitch on the desktop, but when I try importing on the laptop, taking the .acd files across my LAN from the desktop's Program FIles / Actinic v8 / SiteBackups, I get 32 error messages, reading, characteristically:

"Unexpected failure when copying table [Order] from site database - fatal error. Query input must contain at least one table or query". Other tables listed in similar messages include [Order Mail], [Payment History] and [Landlord Adjustment].

A second batch of messages contains the sentence: "Syntax error in FROM clause".

Although the error is described as fatal, it does complete the import, and as far as the Content Tree is concerned, without apparent flaws.

Can anyone throw light?

not sure if this is the same for v8, but with v7 we just used to copy the actinic database between two computers. You will also need the images directory too.

Comment

Was there not some issue with creating and importing snapshots across networks in the past? Have you tried copying the snapshot to the laptop first and then importing?
      Cheers

David
      Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

compact the database before creating the snapshot to take from pc to lappie, if there is a possiblilty that copying across the network causes an issue, then use a flash drive

Comment

Thanks for those suggestions. Tried them both, without success. Also emailed snapshot to my designer, who imported without difficulty, so I think the finger points at a problem with Actinic on the laptop, so I shall try reinstalling.

Comment

desktop XP, laptop Vista?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Desktop is XP Pro, laptop XP Home.

Comment

Working...
              X