Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Actinic another bug in V9!

Nice work Actinic.
    Just changed some image files in products that have duplicates.
    Now when I go to those duplicates to edit the text, the pictures are updated ok but Actinic says the image file cannot be found, which is beeping silly because it's showing in the preview, and I know it's the correct file name! Also it tells me I have duplicated extended info pages for products I have NOT edited or changed, and these have popped up since changing the image files.There's obviously a database issue at work here.
    I can get round this by clicking on "reset duplicates" (why is this still called "reset", surely update is correct? that's what it does.) then I have to edit the text in all the duplicates again!
    Now I have LOTS of extra work and I'm NOT happy. Why when I change image files do I have so many problems, there were other image file issues with V8 as well that were similar. Does nobody try changing image files during Beta testing??
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Originally posted by Steve G Griggs View Post
    Does nobody try changing image files during Beta testing??
    Probably not as that is such a fundamental assumption that it will work I wager nobody checks if it DOES work!

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Jonty.
      I think you got it in one. Whereas us users at the "front end" of things know different. I wonder if anyone testing V9.03 will read this....and if so. Bit of wishful thinking there, I know the answer already it's broke so it won't get fixed...?
      Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

Comment

Just tried on a v9.0.2 site set with the duplicate configuration images (general) unticked .... changing the master product image also changed the duplicate ... clicking onto the duplicate I added some text and applied fine. No errors about filenames. The filename field is greyed out.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Interesting, no messages if you try and edit the text? mine is set so that the images update, but the text can be edited....wonder what's going on?
          If I click on reset duplicates it clears it, but of course I go back to the text in the "master product".
          Steve Griggs.

Comment

If it isn't happening generally then it could be down to problems with your particular database, possibly some sort of data corruption.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I tried unsuccessfully to simulate this on a default test site so it certainly may point to your database.

Comment

I have a similar problem in a large v9 site (also happened in v8), the problem being, that when I update an image at the original product, it does not update at the duplicate. The greyed out filename changes, but the image doesn't. I don't get the warning though

My work-around (which may work for you) is
                1. Go to Settings | Duplicate field configuration
                2. Check the image and thumbnail options
                3. Click OK
                4. Repeat step 1
                5. Uncheck the image and thumbnail options
                6. Click OK

After a bit of whirring and humming, the correct images appear.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve G Griggs View Post
                  Whereas us users at the "front end" of things know different.
                  This is true but a number of live sites have been used along with some people from the front end in the testing of 9.0.3 which resulted in a number of bugs being highlighted.

You can assume that this is part of the delay in the production release.

oh and i have not managed to recreate the problem you listed, i have messed with changing images and it shows me its all fine, but it was on a site built in v9 and not upgraded.

Comment

This may be the answer it was a V8 site upgraded to V9. It was just too big to start from scratch again.
                    I think it's a database problem as well. That's the next step.
                    Steve Griggs.

Comment

Working...
                    X