Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packing List - Cannot open SQL server.

Running V9.0.2 IFZA

I have a 3 line order that was phoned in and entered it manually. Line 1 and 50%of line 2, I need to put on back Order. 50% of Line 2 and line 3 I can ship now.

I have created the back order successfully and all pricing is correct however I cannot display nor print the standard packing list. I get a 'Cannot open SQL server' message. I can however display and print the Data entry sheet and display an print the invoice. Data entry sheet shows full order details. Invoice shows line 1 and 50% line 2.

If I look at the child order for line 3 and 50% line 2 the packing list displays fine

If I look at other example ordes, the packing list displays and prints fine.

There I think the 'Cannot open SQL Server' is misleading.

There must be some bug in displaying Packing Orders which are linked to back orders and/or manually entered orders which contain back orders.
    Thanks

Anthony Kudzin

Can you reproduce this with different products?

Comment

Hi,

I can't reproduce the problem, so it could be specific to your database. Please raise a support ticket (link to webform in my signature) for further investigation.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

I have had the same problem... now on 2 different orders, similarity between the two orders is that items on both have choices, I cant figure it out.

I have contacted support team, who were helpful, but could not replicated the problem, I had to try compacting my database but this did not resolve the issue. I have now ftp'ed my snapshot and it has gone to the '3rd line'.

Fingers crossed for a resolve. If anyone else can help, would be great to learn more.
        Ann

www.euronetwork.co.uk

Comment

was there any resolve to this? my actinic is doing it as well

Comment

i have had this in the past as well -i get it when i have downloaded an order, found items needed to be back ordered, then realised i have not printed off the original packing list - when i then try to print the packing list for the original order i get this error. The packing list prints ok for the backordered items.....(eg order number XXXX/B1)

I didn't report it as a problem as i just printed off two invoices from sage (one for me and one for the customer) for my daily records.
            Graham & Claire Fain

Comment

I'm not sure why this is happening but I can tell you that the error you are receiving is just a general error that means basically that something went wrong during the report printing, it does have misleading wording.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Anyone get this issue resolved yet? I too have the packing list problem but can print invoices etc fine...
                Steven Bird
                The Model Tree Shop

Comment

The usual way to resolve this is to print a packing list and check the printer by using the printer settings button, make sure that the printer defined for this report is valid. Note that the report has to be actually printed, not previewed for ths to work.If it doesn't work, make sure that you have the latest printer drivers installed.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi
                    I have had this problem with printing invoices--it turned out to be a corrupt RPT file. From memory the one you want is orders.rpt its in the Actinic program folder. If you don't have a backup of the file perhaps I could e-mail you a copy?
                    It does sound very much like a corrupt file to me, as a printer driver I would expect to throw up an error whatever you tried to print.
                    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Steve G Griggs View Post
                      Hi
                      I have had this problem with printing invoices--it turned out to be a corrupt RPT file. From memory the one you want is orders.rpt its in the Actinic program folder. If you don't have a backup of the file perhaps I could e-mail you a copy?
                      It does sound very much like a corrupt file to me, as a printer driver I would expect to throw up an error whatever you tried to print.
                      My client is having the same problem. I have tried replacing the orders.rpt but this has not resolved the problem.

Has anyone else found a different fix?
                      Web . Design . Multimedia . Branding

Comment

I think it's a bug that is fixed in 9.0.4. Might be worth contacting Actinic support and asking for a fixed up packing list report file if you aren't taking in the beta.

Regards,

Comment

Okay, thanks Jan.

I haven't tried the beta as I've been too busy.

I need to contact Actinic anyway as I'm having major issues with this particular client site and 9.0.3
                          Web . Design . Multimedia . Branding

Comment

Working...
                          X