Showing Component Stock Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing Component Stock Messages

Hi, I have been using v8.0.3 for some time and have decided it is in our best interests to display in stock / out of stock against our items

All of our products are split into different components, for example size or colour, and I would like to enter the stock level of the component - not the main description.

I have search all the options I can see but cannot find anywhere that I can enter this information against the individual compenents.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this as it is of no good to inform our customers that we have something in stock if we only have it in red and they want it in blue....

I also had a lot of difficulty trying to get the "Suspended" message to stop showing after trying out the main description stock levels. I had stocklevel = 1, ShowWarning=0, Suspend=0 (at one point suspend was -100) and every product showed as Catalog Suspended. I unticked the monitor and also ensured monitoring was disabled in the business settings but the message still showed. I eventually amended the code within the library for the IsItemSuspended to get everything back as inStock, but I am sure I should not have needed to do this.
    Thanks in advance!

RouX

---------------------------------------------------
    Imagination is Intelligence Having Fun

www.performance-oils.co.uk

Have you looked in the Advanced User Guide (AUG)? Pretty sure there is instructions on how to show choices in your drop down lists as OOS or not. Your choices will need linking to hidden products which i assume you have already.

Comment

Thanks, No I havent looke in there as I dont think I have a copy so I will download one now.
      No I havent got hidden products for each component, as we would be speaking about 2000+ items - I guess I have my work cut out for me then
      Your help is appreciated
      Thanks in advance!

RouX

Imagination is Intelligence Having Fun

www.performance-oils.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X