Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to cart buttons have gone...and some pages

Help!

I have just noticed that all of the Add to Cart Buttons have disappeared from my site. I have no idea why. I have online ordering ticked as Allowed in Business Settings.

I was investigating the disappearance of three pages, "We'll Design for You", "Free Charts" and "Monthly Competition". They were fine before, no problems - but now they're gone. Only the title is showing in each case.

I can see the text in the fragments and the layouts are correctly set - just no show on the site.

If anyone is still mad enough to still be on the pc, could you please take a look for me as I'm losing the will to live.

Any help would be gratefully received. I'm beyond tired, stressed and I've so had it with web building...

Site is www.celtic-cross-stitch.com

Thank you!
    Mary

Try setting a different product layout in site options, see if it reappears, you may have broken your product layout. You can also compare or revert your existing product layout in the design|library. If ordering is enabled, product layout would be my first port of call.

Failing that, just revert to a snapshot where everything was working OK, it's often much quicker to redo things. If you haven't taken one, then that is your most important point to address as you are playing with fire.

Comment

Mary, I was just about to shut down when I noticed your post...

I've only had a brief look, I'm pretty tired too, but the first things I'd check would be:
      • Are you running in test mode?
      • Have you checked the "Hide on Website" Check Box for those 3 missing pages' sub-sections?
      • Have you mistakenly reverted back to an older Snapshot?

Army Gore-tex
      Winter Climbing Mitts
      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Thank you, you two, for the quick and helpful replies.

Rich -
        Are you running in test mode?
        Have you checked the "Hide on Website" Check Box for those 3 missing pages' sub-sections?
        Have you mistakenly reverted back to an older Snapshot?
        Not in Test mode.
        The Hide on Website boxes were the first thing I checked and they were unticked.
        I hadn't reverted back to an older snapshot. I've never imported a snapshot before so this was sweaty palm stuff...

Lee -
        Try setting a different product layout in site options, see if it reappears, you may have broken your product layout.
        Tried that and nothing happened. So if it didn't reappear, does that mean I broke my product layout, and if so, how??? Rhetorical question, unless you have any immediate thoughts...

I am horribly OCD about taking snapshots, thankfully! I have gazillions of 'em. So I took your last piece of advice and rolled back and the Add to Cart buttons and missing pages magically reappeared...what a relief!
        I'd like to know what caused it but right now I'm past caring. Will look at it again in the morning when I have some semblance of a brain working.

Thank you as ever, what would I do without you?

best wishes
        Mary

Comment

It's very hard to say Mary what it could have been without seeing it, the fact that you are organised and had snapshots means you need not worry anyway. Sometimes things just happen or get corrupted with no real idea or reason why. I have installed NorList around 10 times and never seen an issue, so my guess is on you inadvertently breaking a layout somehow or some kind of a corruption.

If you are OCD about snapshots, have a read of the tutorial on my site, I'm pretty sure you will pick up an extra thing or two where you say OMG I am not doing that.

Comment

Had you suspended ordering at some point. I've found when I was testing that if I suspended ordering in Business Settings then re-enabled it, non of the products were ticked to enable ordering via the website anymore so the result was the same as you, add to cart was missing.
            www.homeautomation-direct.com

Energy Monitors and X-10 automation hardware

Comment

Lee - I have no worries about NorList. A snapshot prior to me putting NorList on, showed no buttons and the missing pages, so it is 100% certain that NorList had nothing to do with it. I'll be putting it back on as soon as I get a quiet run at it.

My only issue with NorList is that although I had set my text to be black in the .css file, it showed on the live site as blue (live link) and I don't know how to change that (apart from the obvious Design > Themes thingy but that seems to change colours in groups)...but I'll find a way.

I've had a look at your website (love the cat!) and have now learned how to do tables. Thank you! I wish that some of the Actinic help was written in such 'plain English'...

Nicky - no, I've never suspended ordering. Thanks for the info though, I'll keep that in mind if I ever do suspend it.

Comment

Get yourself firefox and the firebug plugin, you can then look at the code in real time and by clicking on 'inspect' you can hover over the areas and you will be shown the classes styling that part. It's an awesome addon, one we all use day in day out on problems like you are experiencing.

Comment

Many thanks Lee,

I will definitely give that a go. Thank you for sharing a 'trick of the trade'!

best wishes
                  Mary

Comment

Originally posted by consciouspnm View Post
                    Had you suspended ordering at some point. I've found when I was testing that if I suspended ordering in Business Settings then re-enabled it, non of the products were ticked to enable ordering via the website anymore so the result was the same as you, add to cart was missing.
                    I'm just messing around with our new site structure on another server and decided it's best to disable online ordering - once I re-enabled this an hour later to check the check-out procedure online, all of the products were still unchecked as available to order online. I've switched it on, off, compacted, purged, everything - in various sequences - and the only way I can see of switching them back on is either editing the database somewhere - so I'd say it's safe to assume this is yet another bug in v9.0.2

Comment

Working...
                    X