Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better way of adding text than a fragment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better way of adding text than a fragment?

I want to add some case studies to my site, currently they are fragments, but editing a lot a text without a WYSIWYG editor in a small text box is not the easiest thing to do. If I did it in Word, then saved it as a PDF, would Google be able to index it to the same extent?

http://www.homeautomation-direct.com...e_Studies.html
    www.homeautomation-direct.com

Energy Monitors and X-10 automation hardware

You can use a html include from something like notepad, but you might find that right-clicking in the window and selecting 'zoom' gives you the extra room you'd like. A PDF would not get spidered, you need it included as raw text.

Comment

Nice one Lee.
      I've been working with Actinic now for over 7 years and I didn't know you could do that!

Just a suggestion to Actinic, wouldn't it be great if that pop-up window had all the formatting tools as well.

Better still, if that included a 'Bulleted List'

Bugger, that's off message and a subject for a different post.

Comment

Rightio I will start creating websites as PDFs now, much easier. Cheers.

Comment

Just had a thought.
          Quite often, when I have a lot of text that needs formatting, I will produce the code in a new page using Dreamweaver.
          I then cut and paste the relevent code into the Description box in Actinic and surround the whole lot in the 'code tags'
          ie !!< in front of it and a >!! after it.
          That way I can get all the formatting I want as well as BULLETS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis View Post
            Nice one Lee.
            I've been working with Actinic now for over 7 years and I didn't know you could do that!
            2 other little easter eggs, you can right click in an image field and click open to have the image open in your chosen software and when dragging and dropping sections use shift to position them where you want them. That's all i've got.

Comment

So all we need in the next version is the 'zoom' window to be WYSIWYG and we'll all be happy...
              www.homeautomation-direct.com

Energy Monitors and X-10 automation hardware

Comment

Originally posted by consciouspnm View Post
                So all we need in the next version is the 'zoom' window to be WYSIWYG and we'll all be happy...
                Yep that would be a big improvement for sure, much of it can be counteracted though by using some custom fragment layouts and having multiple fragments for each part of the text, making it easier to adjust and get to the parts you want to change.

Comment

Nice one Lee.
                  I only learnt it recently aswell, i think it was Lee that mentioned it then, might have been Jont

Comment

Just had a thought.
                    Quite often, when I have a lot of text that needs formatting, I will produce the code in a new page using Dreamweaver.
                    I then cut and paste the relevent code into the Description box in Actinic and surround the whole lot in the 'code tags'
                    ie !!< in front of it and a >!! after it.
                    That way I can get all the formatting I want as well as BULLETS!
                    Same here Roger, i can't be doing with multiple embeds in one fragment, just embed the whole fragment instead if you have lots of html in it. I agree that the lack of formatting on the zoom window and the lack of bullets available is bad, very 1990's.

Comment

Working...
                    X