Truncated Add To Cart button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truncated Add To Cart button

The 'Add To Cart' button is being truncated so the last letter cannot be seen.

The site is elvisjewellery.com

Any help much appreciated.
    Ken

I presume you have increased the font size or the graphic used thereon, therefore you will also need to adjust the width to cater for the extra you have added. It's a class in the stylesheet.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      I presume you have increased the font size or the graphic used thereon, therefore you will also need to adjust the width to cater for the extra you have added. It's a class in the stylesheet.
      Thanks for your response.

I don't remember changing the basic design parameters and this is a standard design template. However, I'm happy to change the width to suit if I can find the correct point in the correct CSS. I assume it has to done by direct editing of the CSS?

Ken

Comment

If you click on the button in question, you should see the class that creates it, if you then highlight the class name, right click and look it up in the stylesheet, it should take you straight there.

You must have changed something though as i can't believe it doesn't work as standard. Maybe you changed the font or something else that you haven't thought could impact on it.

Comment

I see that the buttons only appear truncated in Opera and Firefox. In IE they display perfectly!

Ken

Comment

you should still edit the css as Lee suggests, then test in all browsers

Comment

Originally posted by oldcelt View Post
              I see that the buttons only appear truncated in Opera and Firefox. In IE they display perfectly!

Ken
              Not sure what your point is here?

Comment

Not sure what your point is here?
                Well, I am not happy to have the web pages saying 'Update Car' when users are browsing with Opera or Firefox.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by oldcelt View Post
                  Well, I am not happy to have the web pages saying 'Update Car' when users are browsing with Opera or Firefox.
                  Well i totally agree of course, which is why you were given instructions on what probably needs changing. Isn't this why you started the thread in the first place also? It does not matter which browsers it does or does not work in, the focus is surely to have it working on all of them? hence me not understanding the commentary.

In addition, you mention 'Update Car', now that is not standard text on the Add To Cart button, so either you have changed the standard text, in which case it was obvious what has caused the problem (your change), or you are possibly talking about a different button on the shopping cart page, in which case it is not the add to cart button with the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
                    you should still edit the css as Lee suggests, then test in all browsers
                    Thank you both - your advice was most helpful and, of course, does what's required.

Ken

Comment

In addition, you mention 'Update Car', ...................
                      Sorry Lee, I didn't make myself perfectly clear. All you say is absolutely correct. I hadn't changed anything but the full words 'Update Cart' appeared on the button ok when viewed in IE but not when viewed in other browsers. I have now made a width change as you recommended and the buttons appear ok in all browsers.

Much appreciated,
                      Ken

Comment

I'm with you now Ken. The reason you saw the difference is that IE tends to be more forgiving than other browsers on coding problems. If your button needed 100 width but it was only given 70, then the other browsers would tend to stick to 70 wide, whereas IE will expand it to 100 in order to fit the text, ignoring what size you had set. This is a perfect example of why we nowadays have to cross browser check our sites. Glad you are sorted.

Comment

Working...
                        X