User entering Shipping Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User entering Shipping Country

We are finding that the some customers are able to manually enter a country in the first stage of the checkout where this is a drop down list that should not allow text input.

Of course when they do this it throws the shipping charge and VAT into disarray.

I am not sure whether it is because the drop down allows over typing for them (it never does for me when I test it) or whether their browser simply isn't presenting them with the list.

Has anyone else experienced the same?

What is the URL

If it is ukweathershop [dot] co [dot] uk, I found I could select United Kingdom from the drop down list on the first page3, but the field in the second page that was then filled with "United Kingdom" was editable so I could overtype with anything I liked.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

I think I see now.

Normally it should collect this from the page 1 drop down and if you elect to change it mid process you still go back to page 1.

However if separate shipping address is ticked then the country field on pages 1 and 2 become a an editable text field.

This surely can't be the standard so have I got something selected wrong somewhere?

Comment

The Country field is only editable when Shop to different address is selected.
        I have just checked my website and the same thing occurs although I have never had a problem with the customer changing it, but that may be because I only currently ship to the UK
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

No that must be wrong and I / we have got something wrong in the set up.

On the basis that VAT is calculated by the shipping destination I cannot believe that this could be left open to the customer.

If it were ANY thing the customer enters / edits other than a country exactly as listed in the shipping tables gets seen as a not in the EU address.

Comment

On checking again, I see my last statement was wrong. On both my website and yours only the country on the billing address is editable but the delivery address is fixed, which is correct.
            Darren Guppy
            Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Can you confirm if it is the delivery address or billing address that the customers are changing and causing a problem
              Darren Guppy
              Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Yes you had me going there but go back to my first post and they are doing it on the 1st page because (on the ones I can find) their billing and shipping addresses are the same.

It is shipping country they are changing and it is fundamental because it dictates;

a) shipping cost applied & b) VAT applicable.

Billing country is pretty much immaterial.

Comment

Working...
                X