Including payment information in Customer Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Including payment information in Customer Email

I would like to add payment information into the customer email that is sent automatically from the website as an order confirmation so the customer knows whether the order was paid or not and, if not, I can ask for further details straight away rather than sending an email later after orders are downloaded. I have recently started using Actinic Payments and have started getting customers emailing asking for confirmation that their order was paid for (when it was) so there seems to be some confusion.

I have a good hunt around Actinic and the forums but cannot find any appropriate variables to do it. I think the problem is that the payment record is created separately on the web server and does not become part of the actinic order record until it is downloaded.

If it IS possible, the email text would ideally be an IF block based on the field nPaymentStatus in the Order table:

FULLY PAID ORDER
    If nPaymentStatus = 10 [text saying thank you for payment and confirming payment method]

PAYMENT DETAILS SENT SEPARATELY
    If nPaymentStatus = 5 [text about how to send card details separately]

NOT PAID ORDER (PSP PENDING)
    If nPaymentStatus = 0 [text confirming payment by method (xxx) did not complete and advising how to complete payment]

Does anyone know how / if I can pick up the variable nPaymentStatus and also the payment method? Or any other way of confirming customer payment status to them without doing it manually?
    Keith Milsom
    www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk
    Left handed products and information

Hi,

I'm afraid that you can't set the payment status in the automatic confirmation email but you can set the payment method selected. See this knowledge base article.
    Last edited by KB2; 23-Mar-2010, 11:36 AM. Reason: Updating kb links
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X