Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

next button

hello and thanks for all your help.
    I want the site users have the ability to go to the next Section. In Actinic user guide it says use the following code:

Next

<div style="float: right;">
    <actinic:variable name="PrevNextSectionLink" value="Link to Next Section" />
    </div>

I used it and it works fine.
    For example the code works fine when I go from Gooz pants to Gooz jackets.

BUT when I want to go from say: SC1-TC to SC1-TP it does not work. Rather than going from SC1-TC to SC1-TP it goes to acatalog.
    what can i do, so that I can go from SC1-TC to SC1-TP?
    see attached.
    Attached Files

The AUG provides code for both a previous and a next link, I installed this very recently on a site directly from the AUG and it worked fine, check where you have put it, i suspect in the wrong place. In the absence of a URL and just a picture of your content tree, not the easiest to decipher as you can imagine. Which list layout did you put it in?

Comment

if it is in the wrong place, then why it is working when i go between:
      Gooz pants to Gooz jackets.
      and it does not work when i go from:
      SC1-TC to SC1-TP?

I am so puzzled by this.....
      I am putting it in the act_primary upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by mac View Post
        I am putting it in the act_primary upgraded.

If it is in the wrong place, then it might not work as you wish or thought it would. It worked OK for me, so i suspect either a layout problem or you have it in the wrong place problem. With such little to go on still, it's hard to do anything but throw wild guesses as solutions.

Comment

if it is in the wrong place, then why it is working when i go between:
          SC1-TC to SC1-TP?

where should i put it?

Comment

It wouldn't be advised to still be using an old V7 template that's been upgraded to version 9. In fact i couldn't think of a worse thing to have, no wonder you are always struggling. I'd suggest using a clean brand new V9 theme, you could even use the design wizard, whatever you do get rid of any V7 legacy as a starting point.

Comment

I can not start over again with new V9. There must be a way to do this going with the upgrade.
              If it was not working atall, i be happier, BUT since it works between:

SC1-TC to SC1-TP?

Is what is bothering me.

Comment

As Lee says it is either in the wrong place OR I have had some funny results with this when working within Actinic, compacting the database and restarting seems to clear it, presumably some sort of database writing issue. We really need a link though or we are just guessing!!!!!!!!!!
                Cheers

David
                Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

I install this a level further down from where you have (i think) as I use it to scroll through SPP setup and set a section level parameter to limit it so. Can you understand that we have absolutely no idea what, where, how you have done this? We cannot mind read and have not seen or do not know your site at all. Is it top secret or something?

Comment

I have taken your advice and tried it in a fresh V9 shell.
                    when i apply the code, it only shown on the top level section and Nothing shows up in the subsections.
                    How can i fix this.
                    And where are you entring the code? i entered it before the Header text

Comment

The code should be entered in your product layout for use with SPP as Lee said above. The code will not allow you to jump between section levels though, it will only show you the next section on the same level.

And without wishing to repeat my/ourselves, a link is really necessary if you expect us to give you any useful help.
                      Cheers

David
                      Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

And the website address is.......

Mac, the people here are trying to help you, without a look at the site and code it's all guess work.

Comment

Please tell me what SPP stands for?

Comment

Single Product per Page
                            Cheers

David
                            Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Great so where is the SPP setup?
                              where can i revise that?

Comment