Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More keywords in source code

Hi

I've been going over my keywords recently and I've noticed that in one of the main sections of my site (http://www.ukcountrystore.co.uk) I might have 5 or 6 keywords for each product but in the source code it is showing about 20 with only a few of them being relevant to the product.

I had a look through the forum and found that there was an bug in 8.5.1 (which I was running) and have upgraded to 8.5.3, and refreshed. This hasn't sorted the problem and was wondering if any body could shed some light on how I might fix this and whether or not it might have a detremental effect on my rankings?

Thanks

Hi Andy,

Can you check if 'Settings | Site Options | Links | Include Parent Meta Content in Each Section' is set to True. If so, it will add the meta keywords from the parent sections which might be what you are seeing.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG View Post
      Hi Andy,

Can you check if 'Settings | Site Options | Links | Include Parent Meta Content in Each Section' is set to True. If so, it will add the meta keywords from the parent sections which might be what you are seeing.
      Many thanks Tracey for your excellent post.
      I just found this post first search and solved my problem.

Thanks
      Christian

Comment

Working...
      X