Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make a word or .pdf document availble for download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I make a word or .pdf document availble for download?

I have a word document (that can also be converted into an Acrobat document) that contains a lot of technical information that I would like my customers/website browsers to have access to.

How do I upload this to my site in Actinic so that the browser can read it or download it?

Add a product as usual - select the 'Digital Download' tab when entering the product details (title, price, description etc) - here you can Browse and select the file - this allows your website users to download the file straight to their computer - and also allows you to build up a nice healthy mailing list (should you notify them of this when they purchase it, be on the anti-spam safe side!).

Cheers,
    Grant

Comment

"Digital Download" items can only be bought with a product.

If you want links in the product descriptions that the customers can click on to immediately see the documents, then do the following:

Save your PDF files into your site folder (lets assume one's called specsheet.pdf).

Go to Design / Additional Files and add the file.

In a Fragment Description or Product Description put the following:

!!<<a href="specsheet.pdf" target="_blank">Specification sheet here</a>>!!

Repeat the above as much as needed changing the filename and descriptive text. Note that the target="_blank" bit means that the PDF documents will load in a new browser page so the product page will still be available.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X