Bulk Edit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulk Edit

I have something like 5~600 price amendments to do.

I have never 'played' with an 'exported to.csv' catalog(ue) and definitely never imported from the same! However the task of editing a section in Excel and doing a bulk edit appeals.

Am I right in assuming that I can alter all the column widths in my Excel sheet, edit column F (highlighted) and just save as a .csv file and when importing back into Catalog(ue) Business it will ignore any column width alterations?

Below a section of what I have to edit:

www.yandles.co.uk
    www.websilk.co.uk
    Today is the tomorrow that I worried about yesterday.
    So far, all is well. Am I still worried? YES! Watch some b.....d mess it up!

Yes, column widths are irrelevant, it is only interested in the data within the cells.

Comment

Try this:
      http://www.teclan.com/acatalog/Task_Actinic.html

Comment

Thanks Lee. Magic...
        www.yandles.co.uk
        www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe View Post
          Hmmm. some thing to look at later - I have a 7,500 line item to add in the near future that might be just the job. Thanks.
          www.yandles.co.uk
          www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

I just did a swag of edits and need to check that I have it right before I plod on...

In attempting to import the .csv , it asked if it was a 'flat' one or 'hierarchical' - I dunno - which is it please?
            www.yandles.co.uk
            www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

If it was an export from your site, then it will be hierarchical. For heavens sake snapshot before you do anything though. A flat file import has one row of headings, whereas a hierarchical import has multiple headers on multiple lines as another check.

Comment

Again, you are a saviour Lee

Oh yesssss...I did a snapshot. And I checked the snapshot file size to make sure it was legit!

Yea, it was a direct export via 'File|Export' & selected to export only Catalog.

I presumed it was hierarchical but would rather show my 'higgurunce' than mess with Actinic ....

Cheers
                www.yandles.co.uk
                www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X