Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer accounts and permutations

Hi
    I may be being stupid and missing something blindingly obvious (it has been known), but I just can't seem to solve this.

I am using Actinic Business for a Trade site. Customers need to login to view product prices and make purchases. Visitors who are not logged in see the message "login for price" and the add to cart button is hidden. So far, so good, and easy to achieve by unchecking Enable Price for retail customers.

The problem comes with some products which are available in different sizes at different prices. The only way to show the prices of the options is via the "size" dropdown box, but I can't seem to find a way to hide it from non-logged in visitors and display it only to customers who are logged in. There really should be an easy way of doing this - it can't be that unusual a requirement for a business to business site. Or am I just having a senior moment?

I have tried moving the code for the dropdown box to various places in the layout (e.g. in the section with the quantity box) to no avail, and also tried putting it in a block if statement, but I can't find a condition for the block if that does the right thing.

The only workround at present is to not put the price with the option choice name, but that means customers have to add to cart to find out how much their choice costs.
    Tony Depledge
    www.depledgedesign.co.uk

See - I told you I was being stupid and missing the obvious. Either put the prices in the Customer Message, or change the pricing model to Sum of Product and Component Prices, hide the base price and just have the additional prices showing for the options.Doh!
    Tony Depledge
    www.depledgedesign.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X