Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Designing in v8 for use in v9

Hi there,
    I am currently using Developer v8 and am putting together a site for someone who has Catalog v9. Will he be able to open my v8 site in his v9?
    Also, does it work the other way around? I do need to upgrade my version of Developer and have the link to do so. Problem is i'm currently working on a site for Catalog v8 so I didn't want to move to Dev v9 as it doesn't work backwards I believe. Is that right?
    Cheers
    Stuart

Although fairly similar when you load v8 into v9 some layouts and settings are rest to factory default and could kill your work so some degree. I would certainly not consider working in v8 for a v9 handover.

You can install v9 alongside v8 and keep your work separate.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Excellent - I wasn't aware I could run v8 and v9 together, I will probably do that then. Do I just go to the Actinic downloads page and install v9 as a new installation rather than an upgrade?
      Cheers
      Stuart

Comment

Yes. It will happily sit side by side as a new installation. I have v6, v7, v8 and v9 on this machine

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Just a quick question on running more than one version of Designer - I have recently done this and it was working fine. It seems that funny things happen when I have both v8 and v9 open at the same time, so I got around this by closing one or the other, which is fine.

However, today I imported a site snapshot into v8 (it may have been a v6 or v7 snapshot!) and ever since I've been unable to open Designer v8. It starts loading the software but then crashes and asks me to close the program before it's even finished opening.

Has anyone experienced this and, if so, how do I get around it?
          Cheers
          Stuart

Comment

Search the forum on 'command prompt', it should show you how to open up a different site using the run command.

Comment

Working...
            X