Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showing prices only to registered customers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing prices only to registered customers?

Hi all,
    New to Actinic and just working my way around.

I'm trying to find a way to only show prices to registered customers - it should still be possible to view the products, but no prices should be shown unless logged in.

Thanks in advance.

There is a setting within business settings where you can specify this, have a read of the inbuilt help it will show you exactly where. The good news is you can do what you want.

Comment

Thanks , looks like I missed that somewhere!

Also I'm just using the actinic test server, is it always really really slow? Some parts work fine but as soon as you click login, or click on an item found in search , browser just stays loading for ages and nothing happens

Comment

I never use the test hosting as i prefer to get the site setup and running successfully on its proper domain before i do anything, so can't really comment. On the surface it does sound like a hosting issue though, but it could equally be something you have done if you have been having a play and getting used to things. The longer the problem exists, the more chance it is something wrong on the site, i don't think their hosting service would be poor as it is a portal through to using their actual hosting service.

Comment

I removed most items and only left 15-20 on there.

Originally I imported all 2000 products, I don't think a test server is configured to hold too many things.

Thanks for your help so far, appreciated .

Comment

Hi
            Assuming you've got 2 customer groups set up - retail and registered customers(or whatever you have called them). I believe you need to leave retail there as actinic requires a retail price to work out the price for registered customers (even if the discount is 0%)

Then on the product, if you click on the prices tab, there should be two lines - one for retail and one for registered customers. On the retail line, uncheck "Enable Prices". This will hide the price from visitors who are not logged in and display the message "Login for Price" instead. You can change the message.
            Tony Depledge
            www.depledgedesign.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tonyd View Post
              Hi
              Assuming you've got 2 customer groups set up - retail and registered customers(or whatever you have called them). I believe you need to leave retail there as actinic requires a retail price to work out the price for registered customers (even if the discount is 0%)

Then on the product, if you click on the prices tab, there should be two lines - one for retail and one for registered customers. On the retail line, uncheck "Enable Prices". This will hide the price from visitors who are not logged in and display the message "Login for Price" instead. You can change the message.
              I have the same situation and I need only registered customers to see the prices. Is there somewhere that I can globally uncheck "Enable Prices?" (Im version 8?)
              Flooring Sales Ltd
              Flooring Sales Ltd - Wood and Laminate Flooring Company
              Hadlow Flooring
              Herga Flooring

Comment

I would edit the layout to remove the price variable. This shouldn't affect the display of online customer prices (but worth doing a quick test with a single section first.

Comment

Working...
                X