X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half Price shipping

Hi There,

My client would like to do the following shipping options to his website:

1. Free delivery on all orders over £500 (UK only)
    2. Half Price delivery on all overseas orders over £500

The UK shipping I can work out, but I don't know if its actually possible to set up half price shipping for overseas, does anyone know the answer to this?

Many thanks

Angi
    christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Originally posted by Angi View Post
    The UK shipping I can work out, but I don't know if its actually possible to set up half price shipping for overseas, does anyone know the answer to this?
    Surely you would just setup your zones and classes and put half the price into the overseas tables? I'm not understanding what you are stuck on, as you specify the prices yourself?

Comment

What basis are your shipping charges currently calculated (weight or order value).
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse
      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
        Surely you would just setup your zones and classes and put half the price into the overseas tables? I'm not understanding what you are stuck on, as you specify the prices yourself?
        Hi Lee,

The problem is that they only want this to happen if the total order value is OVER £500...

Angi
        skatewarehouse.co.uk
        progrow.co.uk
        cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

I think Lee's suggestion is valid if you are using value based shipping, but may not work if you are using weight based shipping, although I am far from an expert and possible/probably wrong.

I think it would help if we knew what basis the current shipping method is calculated on.
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

If you are shipping by value, then you can just add that tier into the shipping table, £499.99 would be £10 for example and then £5,000.00 could be £5. Anything up to 499.99 would be charged £10, anything between 500-5,000 would be £5.

Comment

unfortunately the client is shipping by weight.

Thanks

Angi
              skatewarehouse.co.uk
              progrow.co.uk
              cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

I do not think you can discount shipping by 50% for an oversea order over £500 whilst charging 100% under £500

Comment

I don't see you can do it then, you are shipping by weight but wanting a value calculation too, which will not happen, unless it's the system free over you use. They will need a restructure on shipping it looks like. Try and encourage them to use the free over limit is all I can recommend if weights are random and not a standard weight per item.

Comment

The only solutions I can think of (none of which are satisfactory) are

1. Instead of reduced shipping, offer an extra discount off of a future order (email a discount code if you have Actinic Business) or give qualifying customers a free gift.

2. Manually amend the total and refund the extra cost

3. Set overseas orders over a certain weight (instead of £500) to be at half price using the shipping tables. This would only work if there is a close relationship between the value and weight of items and would not be suitable for most businesses.

I would also be interested in any solutions as I use weight based shipping and offer free mainland UK delivery on orders over £60 but would like to be able to offer a £5 discount to non-mainland UK customers spending over £60 instead.
                    Darren Guppy
                    Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

I have just emailed the client and told him the news but suggested some of the suggestions you mentioned Darren, thank you.

Angi
                      skatewarehouse.co.uk
                      progrow.co.uk
                      cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

I have just emailed the client and told him the news but suggested some of the options you mentioned Darren, thank you.

Angi
                        skatewarehouse.co.uk
                        progrow.co.uk
                        cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X