Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping cost

Hi,

If I understand correctly, a fixed shipping charge will not show in the cart until after checkout page 1 when the user has selected a Country?

My problem is I would like to show the fixed shipping cost in the cart prior to checkout. Two questions:

1. If I had users with accounts who logged in would I be able to achieve this by setting a variable at that point with their address?

2. If point 1 is correct is there any way I can "spoof" he country as we will only be shipping to UK mainland

Hi Ben

My suggestion is to change to 'Simple' shipping charges (in the 'Configuration' tab of 'Business Settings > Shipping and Handling') as this will apply a flat rate on every order no matter where they are ordering from.

Comment

When I changed to simple shipping charges, when the client goes out to HSBC payment site none of their address details appear in the HSBC confirmation area. THis is despite the client already entering them.

Comment

Oh dear - I had no idea you were using HSBC. HSBC require location-based shipping calculation or else the country codes aren't sent to HSBC and so the payment side of things doesn't work.

<fx: sigh>

OK
        1. Switch back to location-based shipping
        2. Get rid of all your shipping zones and classes within the 'Zone/Class Tables' tab other than the 'UK' (but delete all classes within the UK)
        3. Create a new class within the 'UK' called 'Standard Shipping'
        4. Set the 'Calculation Basis' of this to 'Quantity'
        5. In the grid, enter '1' for quantity and set the cost to be whatever you want to charge
        6. Set 'Excess' to 'Take the Highest Value In The Table'
        7. Go to 'Business Settings | Tax'
        8. Change to 'Simple' tax

The result of this will be that your customers shouldn't be offered a drop down on page one of the checkout for selecting a country - but the problem is that until they enter the checkout, the shipping charge won't be added. The only thing I can suggest is adding a message underneath the shopping cart that says 'A £2.50 shipping charge will be added to the order in the checkout' or something.

Comment

Working...
        X