section link layout bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

section link layout bug

I'm redoing part of our site at the moment and am finding out how buggy v9 really is

I've just spent 30 minutes trying to accurately describe my problem... but I've given up.

There is a problem with the Section Link Layout in version 9.

It's too much of a pain to describe because I've just about done my head in. I haven't got an online example because there is no way I am updating my site until I get this new version working properly.

Hi Remmo

Crumbs - you're obviously having a tough time of it. I've had to moderate your post a little I'm afraid just to keep it focussed on the problem.

I'd love to try and help you with this. I don't know of any specific problems with the section links, but maybe you could stick some screenshots online somewhere as a picture paints 1000 words.

Comment

use the unbuilt test site to get it working. I've not seen any problems such as you describe with the software.

Comment

Fair Call Chris... Just being the only one here that works with Actinic I needed a place to vent.

Anyway, I've attached screenshots as suggested.

The Section Links should all be laid out according to the "CSS Section Link" layout. However as can be seen the "Skincare" link does not do so. (Screenshot 1)

The only thing different is that the Skincare Section uses the "Image above Section Link" layout for the Section Links within the Skin Care Section (Screen Shot 2). Whilst all other sections use the CSS Section Link layout.

Any Ideas?

I've done the usual compact database but that doesn't make a difference.
        Attached Files

Comment

Remmo
          Whatever you set the layout to be for 'Skincare', it will use for the actual Skincare section itself, not just its subsections.
          You need to set the Skincare section as 'CSS Section Link' too and set all it's subsections, individually, to "Image above Section Link" if that's what you are wanting to use.

It's not a bug with V9...it's the same for previous versions
          Tracey

Comment

This part is both confusing and logical all in one. You set the section link layout on the section, but you cannot see how it looks until you look at its parent section as that section is what shows you the section you have adjusted. I think it became this way in V8, from memory V7 did it as you are thinking Remmo.

Comment

it is a bit screwy
              and we really need a way to be able to specify SUBsections at section level, IMO
              It'd be much quicker than changing them all individually.
              and yeh, didn't mean to imply it'd always been this way. I know it did read like that. I meant V8 is/was the same.
              Tracey

Comment

Ahhh..... the good old days of version 7 - wasn't everything simpler back then

Thanks Tracey and Lee... It's slowly coming back to me again and that seems to fix my problem.

Wish I could keep working on the site more often - then I might retain more of the info instead of having to relearn every couple of months.

Comment

Working...
                X