Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Executive width

Hi I already tried searching on forum but found nothing,
    i need to change the executive layout to at least 1000px wide, but i got no clue what to change.

I saw a couple of sites around with wide width,
    Could anyone tell me what/where to change or send me the actinic.css file?

thx

Get yourself the firefox browser and the firebug addon (they're free). You can use firebug to examine the live code on your site and if you click on 'inspect' it will show you the css classes styling the various areas you hover over. You simply have to go those classes in your actinic stylesheet then and adjust them accordingly.

If you want to get into changing things like this on your site, it is pretty much a necessity that you learn these type of things. Its remarkably easy once you get the hang of it, most professionals use this free tool each and every day.

Good luck, if you get stuck, provide a URL showing how far you've got and i'm sure one of us will help you along the way.

Comment

I got the firebug, but i couldn't find the overall width, i found the top banner, content, and footer, but there should be with with the content and menu together, but couldn't find that one

here is the url: http://www.mogdesign.net/englandSE/

Comment

The styles 'page_header_content', 'page_body_content' and 'page_footer_content' all have a width set of 762px (you can right click on the class names in the 'Design' tab and choose 'Look up in Stylesheet' to check this). You can change these widths to something else.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken View Post
          The styles 'page_header_content', 'page_body_content' and 'page_footer_content' all have a width set of 762px (you can right click on the class names in the 'Design' tab and choose 'Look up in Stylesheet' to check this). You can change these widths to something else.
          thx i found it on firebug, but then when i go to the "design" tab, and go on the "actinic stylesheet" its not there, when i scroll down at the end there is the "Styles for Executive themes" written in pink, but i cant click it to change? how can I find this file to edit? because it will be easier than changing the acitnic.css file every time

Comment

It's a separate layout, probably best to access it from the design|library OR find the style in the design, right click on it and then use the look up in stylesheet option. What happens if you double click on the pink link?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
              It's a separate layout, probably best to access it from the design|library OR find the style in the design, right click on it and then use the look up in stylesheet option. What happens if you double click on the pink link?
              thx alot for the help guys

from the "design|library" worked really easily
              Now i got the long and "nice" work of re-laying out all my site again

Comment

Working...
              X