Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapshot error message

Hi

V8 - I have a number of errors similar to this flagged up when I complete a snapshot export.

(File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 456) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\DRFC\shop2.gif was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.

Whilst the snapshot is always succesful, I would like to remove these annoyances.

Can anyone give me a steer. I can't even find ExportFiles.cpp!!

Thanks in advance.

Craig Davies
    Devizes
    "Live in England, and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy, it's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."

Do a file export and then search for shop2.gif in excel, see if it highlights where this file is referenced in actinic.

Comment

Thanks, I've tried that and it gets more interesting.

Excel can't find it!!
      "Live in England, and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy, it's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."

Comment

Google desktop search?
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Look in all of site options and the stylesheet as your next step.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            Look in all of site options and the stylesheet as your next step.
            Nope, there's no evidence in there, I simply cannot find any reference anywhere to the image files that this snapshot image is (rightly) reporting as not being able to find.

They're definitely nowhere to be seen, but I can;t understand why it's even looking for them, they don't appear to be referenced anywhere.

Comment

Additional files? If not into the database you go.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                Additional files? If not into the database you go.
                Nope, not in additional files, I've checked there.

How do I get into the database?

Comment

If you don't know how then with all respect - don't go.

If you didn't find a reference to the file in the full export then it's unlikely you'll find it in the database.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                    If you don't know how then with all respect - don't go.

If you didn't find a reference to the file in the full export then it's unlikely you'll find it in the database.
                    I've searched the database - I asked in ignorance, believing it to be firmly embedded within the programme, but it's not.

So, having searched it, and virtually every script etc fully, I still cannot find where these files are being referenced.

What's the point of having error messages if you have to spend 4 hours trawling the programme for keywords using third party applications? Any search on this site reveals this error to be a known issue, yet there is no definitive answer, which would perhaps suggest to me that Actinic don't know themselves as to what is causing it. Or perhaps indeed if not what is causing it, but where the bloody hell it is!

Problems can be fixed, but it's made all the more difficult when you have nowhere to start from.

So Actinic support here's my challenge, it's a simple question.

What does the following error message mean?

Errors
                    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 456) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\DRFC\back1.gif was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.

If you choose to elaborate, all well and good, but from what I can establish nobody fully understands the nature of this error message.

Prove me wrong........

Comment

Have you tried copying a file and renaming it to be one of the files that can't be found?

Comment

Originally posted by gpzzone View Post
                        (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 456) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\DRFC\back1.gif was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.
                        I am not with Actinic support but this is an error message that is more use to a programmer than a user.

(File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 456) refers to line 456 in the source code file ExportFiles.cpp (probably part of the source for catalogue.exe)

System error 2 is the standard error returned by Windows operating system when it cannot find a file.

The only bit that is of use to you is the reference to the file and even this is of little use as the file does not exist.

So you are left with searching the actinic database for the reference and as already stated elsewhere if you do not know how to open an access database and search it, don't try it you could corrupt the whole actinic site if you get it wrong.

Sorry that its not much help, I have had similar problems in the past and spent a long time finding the reference to the missing file, it will be there somewhere. It is almost certainly referenced in the Actinic catalog database.

The simple solution is to follow Duncans advice and add the missing files into the site folder by copy and then rename of a similar file

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                        Custom Packages

Comment

I've finally relented, and created a transparent image of 1 pixel x 1 pixel, and named it after the missing images, and saved it in the locations where it is looking.

I'd much rather have been able to identify where these images were being referenced by Actinic and removed the reference, but it appears that this is not possible.

Not without a huge amount of effort at least.

Comment

Working...
                          X