catalog to root of website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

catalog to root of website

Hey guys...I havn't been around here for a while now!! :-)

anyway, I have just created a new website, and I would like the root of the domain (e.g. http://www.example.com/) to be the "folder" that the catalogue goes in. what I am struggling with, is that when you go to:

Web
    -> Network Setup

to enter the FTP details etc, there is a box saying: online store folder name with a change button. The thing is, I want to get rid of that bit (defaults to acatalog).

Any suggestions.

Cheers

The Moose

Hi there

This isn't available by default I'm afraid. You can upload the brochure 'home' page to the root of your server, but the store files will always be uploaded to a sub-folder on your server. You can call this store folder a different name to acatalog if you want.

Comment

quick hack:

if you're on a linux server, make a file in the ROOT of your site '.htaccess'

in it, put this:

Code:
      <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
      RewriteEngine On
      RewriteRule ^$ /acatalog/ [R=301]
      </IfModule>
      this will friendly redirect to the acatalog folder.

Comment

special note:

this could be seen as spam by some search engines:
        http://www.searchenginepromotionhelp...irect-safe.php

Comment

Thank you for your replies - I was wondering about the .htaccess, but think it may well be more trouble than its worth if i'm honest!

With regards to uploading the catalogue homepage to the root of the domain, is this something that has to be done manually? And where would i find that file to upload if it is??

Cheers

The Moose

Comment

actinic has 2 index pages, one at root (brochure index page) the other is acatalog/index

both pages are automatically uploaded by the software

Depending on the requirement it is possible not to have index at root and open the site at acatalog/index - to do this a simple 301 redirect will do the job

Comment

Working...
            X