Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Results sort order revisited

Hi

I have a client selling educational dvds, books and cds. They are very keen on everything being alphabetically sorted so imagine their horror when I told them that Actinic search results are delivered in product code order only.

I have checked the posts and there was some discussion in January about choosing how the results should be displayed and I understand that this would be tricky. However, would it be possible (simpler and cheaper) to hard code the search results output into alphabetical order?

If not then is it possible to display the product code as part of the results - that way at least people could see some logic in the order?

The site in question is http://www.caminfo.co.uk/acatalog

Cheers
    Ron

Can you not have the product code using x number of letters of the product, thus following the order you mention or better still produce alphabetical ordered lists as standard without asking them to search?

Comment

Thanks Lee,
      Yes the alphabetically prefixed product codes would work. Its not ideal as the codes used are part of their existing internal stock coding scheme but I guess we could add few to the start of their code.

Cheers
      Ron

Comment

Norm has a sorting tool that works on page

Comment

My sorting add-on is for product pages with multiple products. It lets you sort them by price (ascending / descending) , alphabetically (ascending / descending) and can even be tweaked to sort on a custom Variable (Age range, Rating, etc).

However it's not intended for the search results, just the product pages.

It's in use throughout www.snowlines.co.uk
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X