Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having serious problems, details inside. Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having serious problems, details inside. Please help!

Hi everyone,

I have hit a brick wall, which couldn't have come at a worse time as i wanted to launch the site today. It started with a site that was crashing everytime the layout was altered. I had to keep using that one though as we had entered a large amount of data since the last snapshot and when I tried to change the layout Actinic would then not open that site again, so i had to duplicate an old shop folder and try and use the snapshot that was erroring in the first place. I sent this to one of the guys at the Actinic Support today, who apparently exported the catalog and put it into a new site. It all seemed fine untill i saw it was giving me error messages in the brochure;

The 'Choice ID' variable has been replaced within the " Layout, but it won't work there.

A PHP Error has been found on the page (Parse Error: Parse error in main on line 205) This error is coming from 'Push Button Grid' Layout.

I tried to talk to Actinic again but the guy i was on the phone wasn't any help, and now i won't hear back till monday anyway.

So I'm hoping that someone in the community might be able to offer some assistance, because I really do need some right now. This was the last proper week I could give to the site as I start university again next week so it need to get finished.

These are the error messages i am getting;

The 'choice id' variable has been placed within the " layout, but it wont work there.

A PHP error has been found on the page (Parse error: parse error in main on line 205). This error is coming from the push button grid layout.

I also uploaded a snapshot, which if you are really feeling helpful someone might take a look at for me (I would be very grateful);

[moderated - snapshot location removed for security reasons]

The site in it's current broken state below if that helps at all;

http://suzanneconstantineshoes.co.uk/indexn.html

Thanks in advance, I really hope it's something fixable.

The "best" solution is to click on the link in the error list and see which layout it takes you too ... then in the library you can either right click the said layout and compare or revert to factory

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

PHP Error has been found on the page (Parse Error: Parse error in main on line 205) This error is coming from 'Push Button Grid' Layout.
      If you have spaces or unusual charcters in your product references then see http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=35114
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I shall try both of these and see what happens. Hopefully I can figure it out.

Comment

With the Choice ID variable error, the layout i open up doesn't have a name, the tab says 'Layout Code -'

This is the code inside the layout, I don't know what this code is for or whats wrong with the layout that it doesn't have a name:

$nChoiceListIdx = <actinic:variable name="ListIndex" />;
          $listPermutations[ $nPermutationListIdx ][ 0 ][ $nChoiceListIdx - 1 ] = <actinic:variable name="ChoiceID" />;

Comment

OK - that layout sounds like

Attribute > Push Button Grid

You'll find it in the library. Try right-clicking on the layout and revert it to factory settings.

Comment

Working...
            X