Extended Information Page not loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Information Page not loading

I'm having a little niggle with my extended info pop ups. When clicking on the link "View Larger Image" I would like a pop up to open and a larger image to show. However when I look at the site online I receive an error message "Page not Found"... has anyone come across this before - I've searched but couldn't find anything in the forum?

Check this page: http://www.thehoneyfarm.com.au/acata...x_candles.html for an example link...Thanks

I assume you've done the usual compact database/ refresh website routine?

have you been doing anything in the product or extended info links layouts?
    might be worth comparing your product layout against the factory default (Design > Library > select whichever product layout you are using and right click > compare with factory version.

alternatively, if it's a custom layout, try to visually compare code against a standard actinic product layout, to see if there is anything missing.
    Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey,

I've done all the usual compact database etc. The layout works fine on other areas of the site. However just to be sure I changed the layout to a standard Actinic one and "uploaded" it to the site.

However there is no change. I figure that the pages have not even uploaded to my server.

Whilst designing this section of the website I did select the "hide on website" option... maybe this has caused a glitch somewhere... another v9 bug?

Comment

Originally posted by remmo View Post
        I did select the "hide on website" option
        Hide on website will not upload if not already sent ... you need to send it as normal and then hide as this leaves the page physically but removes from the sitemap, navigation etc.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I think you've misunderstood me Jonty.

I had selected the "hide on website" whilst I was designing and adding content to the pages. When I wanted the pages to be seen in the content tree I deselected the option.

I have done a site refresh and still no joy. The extended info pages show up in the preview mode on my PC but not online and the extended info pages also do not appear to be on my server. How can I force Actinic to put them there?

Comment

I'm sure this has come up before...perhaps in early V8 days..but I can't find the thread I'm looking for.
            For some reason, I think Jo (pinbrook) or someone had the problem
            I'll have another look
            Tracey

Comment

I do not recollect it being me....

but if i had this problem i would ftp to the webspace and delete ALL html pages and do a site refresh (without images and DD)

Comment

Sorry, Jo...obviously wasn't you but it's bugging me
                Funny you should mention that solution too as I was about to post a link to

THIS THREAD

and, if you've been ANYWHERE in the product layout, take a look at THIS POST in case the solution is relevent.
                Tracey

Comment

I've solved the problem.

Thanks Tracey, it appears to have been a combination of duplicated extended info page names and a mistake by me in the "ProductExtendedInfoLinks" layout...oops

Comment

Working...
                  X