Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colour Options in Products...

Hi Everyone

Is it possible to have something like the following in my csv file that I use to upload my product info..?

PartNo - Description - Image Location - Options
    Band01 - Wrist Band - C:\Prods\band01.jpg - Red, Blue, Green, Orange

This is so that instead of having 4 part numbers for Band01 (one for each colour), I can have 1 part number, but the user can select the colour...

Hope that makes sense anyway, thanks..!

Luke

That's the standard way of doing it yes, you will need to learn hierarchicals to set them up by import though. If you do not have too many, i'd do the choices manually. Even better if the choices are the same across alot of products as you can copy paste.

Comment

Hi Lee

Thanks for that...

As there are only about a dozen or so, it wouldn't be the end of the world to keep this as it is...

This is the first time I've heard the term hierarchicals though. I will start having a dig about and finding info on them...

Any pointers/links would be appreciated if you have them...

Cheers

Luke

Comment

The inbuilt help is best to read and there is an example hierarchical file in your site1 folder, in one of the common folders i think. You can only do away with these extra products if you do not need the stock monitoring btw, otherwise you need to hide the products and associate the choices to those hidden products.

Comment

OK mate, that makes sense... I think I should be able to pick it up from here...

Thanks for your time...

Cheers

Luke

Comment

Working...
          X