Few Questions (Product Layout)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few Questions (Product Layout)

Our site is about to go live but i am having a few issues with how we want it layed out...

firstly is their anyway of putting the company "logo" above each product listing and also on top of the extended info pages?

also were is the controll over the size of the product name on the extended info pages?

also is their anyway of removing the "products" link as we dont want this and our section links, our menu runs :

Home
    About Us
    Links
    Products (what we want to remove)
    login
    Contact us

then has our product listings... we cant see a controll over showing the products link...

I have had a quick search and looked through the KB and advanced users guide but couldnt find anything that looked right to my problems...

Have you a test url so we can see what you are talking about?

Comment

http://79.170.40.52/herbalandhealth.co.uk

thats the test link...

Comment

Hope not, it doesn't work.

Comment

http://79.170.40.52/herbalandhealth.co.uk/index.html
          Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
          SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
          Based in rural Northants

Comment

You won't really find instructions of that sort as what you want to do is general design changes and not problems as such.

Logo is defined (twice) in site options as are settings for the extended info pages. It sounds like you need to have a bit of a mooch and play within the software itself and get used to how things work. Take a snapshot before you have a play and then you have no worries. Most areas can be clicked on once you have selected the design tab, that should assist you further.

Comment

ah ok... was just looking for were in the layout its defined tbh more than a how to...

Comment

firstly is their anyway of putting the company "logo" above each product listing
                TBH this will piss people off as they then have to scroll down the page just to see what you are selling - just add a better banner to your site in site options.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
                  TBH this will piss people off as they then have to scroll down the page just to see what you are selling - just add a better banner to your site in site options.
                  I agree 100% with this but it was a request from the boss...

Comment

sometimes it is better to discuss stuff with the boss to point out that the request is not necessarily the best idea, would you put cyanide in your coffee just because it was a request from the boss?

that said rather than whacking a logo at the top of each ext info page, why not place a small discrete logo bottom right - this will keep branding on the page, but will load after the main product image, which is what the customer wants to see.

Comment

thats what i already sugested and partly did but he isnt 100% on it, i'll re-sugest it today and see how it goes,

Comment

get him to show you an example of a site using the design he wants. I bet he cannot find one. Education is a big part of being a designer but you need to do it because if the website fails it's you who will get the blame.

Comment

Working...
                        X