Can't switch off discounts after upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't switch off discounts after upgrading

Okay, this may be a bug, but I've only just installed version 9.0 of Business after using version 8.0 of Catalog, so it may be my ignorance.

Anyway, I've done the upgrade and am picking through the debris (not much at all) and I noticed that several groups of products now had discounts on them.

These weren't available in 8.0 so I guess some sort of upgrade default clicked in and every one of these products now says:
    "Buy any three example products, and you'll receive the cheapest one free. Click HERE to see the available products."

Now I've gone through and found that in the Discounts tab, the products in question all had the 'Example Product Group' selected in the the Product Group.

I have now switched all of these to 'None', but the books section stubbornly refuse to lose the text.

Each book appears in a list and individually, and the list version has sorted itself. The individual item is a duplicate of the list item, so it says '[None]' in the discounts/product group box, and is greyed out so I can't change it.

How do I get rid of this text? You can see it now if you click on one of the books for sale at the site below and see the details page.

Thanks for any help
    PB
    Kind regards,
    Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
    http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

Have you looked in marketing, discounts and surcharges settings. Take a look and if the Enabled box is ticked, untick it, see if that helps.
    www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Hmmm - somehow the default site has had a part of it added to your site. I would try importing the site again then compacting the database.

Its good of you to provide a link to amazon via the reviews - I followed it and found the book you were selling £3.00 cheaper on Amazon

Comment

I've seen some weird upgrade issues with discounts too, particularly regarding the inclusion of multiple <br/>s in layouts. Permutations seem to be struggling in the same vain. More upgrade woes i expect.

Comment

Workaround

Thanks for the responses.

Darron: Yes, I have done what you suggested. 'Enabled' was checked, so I have unchecked it and the problem has gone away. This, however, is a workaround.

I will want to use discounts soon (this was the only reason I moved up to the 'Business' package) so I predict problems when I try to enable it again, and the wrong products throw up discounts.

If that happens, I'll return to this post to follow up.

Mal: What can I say? The review was so good that I had to link to it... but as you say, they will make money off of us. Good luck to them.

Lee: I'll rely on the fact that Actinic eyes are watching this forum.

Thanks,
          Phil
          Kind regards,
          Phil Benjamin

Comment

When you need to restart discounts have a read thru the forum and a play with the set up of discounts, they can be a nightmare to work out what you need to do to set them up, with putting products into discount groups and all that, but once done is straight forward (ish).
            www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Follow up

It turns out that following my upgrade, which I'll remind you was from Catalog 8 to Business 9, confusing things happened to my layouts. I don't think the upgrade software is at it's best in this situation.

This came to light when I installed the PostCodeAnywhere facility. The PCA guys are great and really know their stuff, including an intimate understanding of how it works with Actinic... but it wouldn't work.

I then got onto the Actinic Help Desk and with the help of Kiran - who was also excellent - and definitely challenged by this problem - we eventually had to revert all my cart pages to the factory defaults in order to get things to work properly. Fortunately I hadn't done too much to the cart pages so not much harm was done.

What I'd really like now is a way to completely start over and rebuild the site as I feel that it is currently full of little foibles, but that will have to come later as it will be a big job.

PB
              Kind regards,
              Phil Benjamin

Comment

Working...
              X