Price in USD or GBP dependent on product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price in USD or GBP dependent on product

We have one product - a DVD. It comes in two versions, one for the USA and one for the rest of the known universe.

The US version is about to be launched and we are aware that it will solve a lot of issues if the page for that version displays the price in dollars.

The base currency has to be sterling, so the dollar price is therefore going to be a secondary currency.

I've looked into NorPrice and, although it looks like a great add-on, it doesn't quite do what we want because we don't want customers to have to select US dollars and we don't want it displayed in brackets.

I've also looked at various threads that describe how to display the secondary currency instead of the main currency but the big drawback is that we would have to keep the conversion rate up to date manually every day.

However, the textor converter that Norprice uses can be pasted into a page on its own, with price and currency pre-selected. This looks like it would be the solution if it wasn't for the fact that the textor script puts a load of branding round the price which we would want to remove.

Finally I get to a question! Does anyone happen to know if its possible to extract just the converted price out of Textor and display it on the product page so that it looks like the normal display price?

You can see what textor's embedded script renders in a test page on our site:
    http://www.thetransporters.com/c.htm

Any ideas welcome but I'm not too optimistic. BTW we use Catalog LE and couldn't really afford to go down the two sites route with developer. In any event that approach would mean changing the US price every day!

Bob

Bob, this seems like an awful lot of effort for one product!!!
    Do you invisage a lot of US customers that will want this particular DVD, further more do you think those that do will only buy if the price is in USD? Bearing in mind that you have a link to xe.com anyway?

While I'm at it, why have not used actinic for all of your pages? It seems like an expensive route to have gone for one product? Or have I missed a vast amount of your site?

IMO

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Working...
    X