Duplicate Products Codes show 1!then code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Products Codes show 1!then code

We have products that appear in multiple sections of www.mensgiftshop.com in previous versions this was not a problem but now in V9 the product code is ok for the original but when you duplicate it the product reference changes to 1!then the code this number goes up the more you duplicate ie 2! 3! etc. Is there any way just to show the original product code as our customers and staff find it difficult if the numbers do not match. i.e. in our printed catalogue the number may be printed 660028 but if they see 1!660028 they get confussed.

I am open to all comments.

Sean
    Michael Smith
    http://www.mensgiftshop.com

Use only the original Product Code within your Catalogue. Use the original product code within the text of the product or in the product title?

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

You will need a blockif to check if the product is a duplicate and then you will need to run some php inside to strip off the first two characters of the ref if it is a duplicate. I'd provide some php, but Norman will rip it apart and make me feel all useless. I didn't think that the duplicate prod ref showed though i must admit, are they paste as duplicates?

Comment

A paste as duplicate doesn't show it on mine, you must be doing something wrong or have possibly uncovered a bug.

Comment

They are paste as duplicates

They are straight paste as duplicates it is possilbe to put the code in to a text field or title but that is additional work with over 600 products. I just can't think of a reason why you would want the ref to show like this, tech support say it is hard coded. Why?
          Michael Smith

Comment

you're asking US?

Do you mean it's displaying online with the 1! before it?
            Like HERE for example, next to the price?

It shows correctly next to the product name so why have it displaying at ALL next to the price? Has that been added in?
            Tracey

Comment

You've probably got variable ProductID where you want ProductReference.

ProductReference is the human readble product ref.

ProductID is the one that should be used for everything else (creation of underlying form elements, etc).
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I hadn't even noticed that Tracey...

I've been looking at your Bushnell Permafocus 8 x 25mm Porro Binocular Ref: 160073, which I accessed through "Outdoor Pursuits" and "Binoculrs", but both directed me to the same page.

Have you done a normal copy and paste in this instance? Although doesn't Actinic usually worn you about this kind of thing during upload?

Army Gore-tex
                Winter Climbing Mitts
                webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

It's caused by the problem norm posted. I've seen it loads of times on site that have been upgraded.

Comment

Problem Solved

I had not realised that on the extended info page it was showing the proper ref near the product description and the weird one by the price as when we upgraded it was striaght forward.

A quick change to the layout should do it.

Many Thanks Sean
                    Michael Smith

Comment

it's most common on sites that were upgraded from v7 to v8 and then to v9 or sites that were built using early versions of v8 prior to the change of use of productid.

Comment

Working...
                      X