Originally posted by leehack View Post
    wait 'til you get married.
    Don't swear at me again!
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Don't panic they still let you go out drinking for the first 6 months, it's after that period they try to change you . My 12th anniversary in 5 days, shoot I haven't bought anything yet .

Comment

Well she hasn't managed to in 8 years so she will be doing well if she does manage to change me! Besides, she would be first at the front door on drinking nights!
        Cheers

David
        Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

If you've been together for 8 years, you are already married, it's just the 20 grand marriage cert you are missing.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            20 grand
            Hence why we are not married!
            Cheers

David
            Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Ya see thats why i did not marry a british woman, 14 years married one kid and im still let out to the pub on fridays and buy motorbikes

Comment

I spoke to fasthosts this morning and they are determined to get to the bottom of the Actinic issues.

I dont think moving to a new hosting company is probably the best solution. Fasthosts are the UK's largest hosting company, what I don't get is WHY Actinic don’t try and sort something out with them?

Why don't they contact Fasthosts and try and find out what’s going on?

At the end of the day isn't best that these people work together?

I get fed up with ringing these people and everyone passes the blame...

Actinic - You ring them on behalf of your users!!!!

Get proactive!

Comment

Actinic provide their own hosting and actinic sites on fasthosts is an incredibly small share, which I just don't think they will ever care about enough tbh. I don't think either of them will talk though, as it is not mutually or financially beneficial for both.

It's all to do with timeouts on the cgi-bin as I understand. Fasthosts do not allow enough time on their cgi-bin for actions to complete. This is accentuated at busy times or when a lot of items are being purchased at once. In basic English as I understand it, Fasthosts give you 5 seconds to do something but you actually need 7-8 seconds to do it.

Comment

I kind of agree and don't agree with you at the same time there. If Fasthosts are the biggest hosting company in the UK they should really be able to find out what has happened themselves, there really isn't anything that complicated about hosting Actinic sites. Since it was working it is clearly something they have changed recently so they shouldn't have very far to look. And if they are so dense they can't work out what they did to break their hosting, it should really be them contacting Actinic for suggestions on what they might have done.

Or maybe they know and they just don't care. Perhaps they are not interested in hosting Actinic sites any longer!
                    Cheers

David
                    Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Originally posted by Faulkds View Post
                      Why don't they contact Fasthosts and try and find out what’s going on?

At the end of the day isn't best that these people work together?

I get fed up with ringing these people and everyone passes the blame...

Actinic - You ring them on behalf of your users!!!!

Get proactive!
                      If i was Actinic i would see no reason, its not there fault that hosting company has a configuration issue.

As for ringing them on behalf of there users, did they recommend fasthosts - definitely not

Fasthosts have f****d something up its there job to sort it not actinic

Comment

Originally posted by dave_finlayson View Post
                        If Fasthosts are the biggest hosting company in the UK
                        Biggest is not necessarily the best

Originally posted by dave_finlayson View Post
                        Since it was working it is clearly something they have changed recently so they shouldn't have very far to look.
                        Yet they still haven't resolved the issue. From what I've read from various fast host customer both on this forum and elsewhere on the internet, is that they're not really that interested and if someone isn't that interested in whether your site i taking money or not I'd tell them to get stuffed. There are plenty of other providers out there and several havebeen recommended.

Regarding Actinic contacting Fasthosts I agree with Lee, why would they when they offer that service themselves?

Army Gore-tex
                        Winter Climbing Mitts
                        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Originally posted by Faulkds View Post
                          I dont think moving to a new hosting company is probably the best solution. Fasthosts are the UK's largest hosting company, what I don't get is WHY Actinic don’t try and sort something out with them?
                          Well that's a personal choice, i could have had hosting setup for you within half an hour and you could have uploaded your site to your area whilst waiting for the the ns changes to go through.

I have managed to transfer a site and have it live within 2 hours, this thread was started on friday and its till going on now, now were are back to cost again

Comment

It's not just a Timeout error imho.

Fasthosts have done something else, probably to (once again) try to comply with new regulations. That's why any downloaded orders you do manage to get hold of end up in your Pending Payment Service Provider tab.

I've changed to Actinic hosting and now have 6 sites all Actinic enabled and in the process of going live as we speak. With Fasthosts this would have cost almost £600 a year on the tariffs I was on. With Actinic it's considerably less! So why all the talk about Fasthosts being a budget host? I'm now saving money and have more functionality, and can phone one support desk that knows the program I'm working on. No more being pushed from one side to another to find out who's to blame.

I'm not saying that Fasthosts haven't been good as their 24/7 Support Line is second to none. It's just not the budget option that everyone has been making out.
                            Sam
                            http://www.originaltouch.co.uk
                            http://www.spcb.co.uk

If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.

Failure is the tuition you pay for success.

Comment

Hi there

Just to let you know we are currently in discussing this issue with Fasthost. We are always happy to help out and we have done this in the past. Currently one of the engineer of Fasthost are in discussion with us.

Kind Regards
                              Nadeem Rasool
                              SellerDeck Development

Comment

I dont think moving to a new hosting company is probably the best solution
                                Your mad then - You could have had it all sorted by now and got on with running your site

Comment

Working...
                                X