Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to show shopping cart & contents on PSP Bounce Page

Hi -

this may seem odd, but i would would like to show the customer's shopping cart and its contents on the PSP Bounce Page.

What code would I need to add to the PSP Bounce page to achieve this?

I would err against this (even if technically possible) as it is just that, a bounce page.

If you flash something at the viewer and they do not have time to read it all they could try and hit the back button once on the PSP page... which again will force a bounce. They have enough bites at the cart contents before getting to the bounce page so would not potentially confuse them and risk abandoned carts.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I take your points entirely Jont - well made, and excellent general advice if you're using the standard Actinic checkout.

However, what I have done is chopped the whole standard Actinic checkout process down to just one page, with the help of the Javascript code from StinkyInk found from a thread in this forum.

However, I feel my checkout it is now a bit abrupt going straight from that page to the SECPay server. I have set the bounce page up so it stays on the screen until 'Next' is clicked. While I could eliminate it from the checkout process also, I feel it serves a useful purpose as a 'static' page because I use it to reassure the customer that although they are going to be shot over to a different website (SECPay) everything is still secure etc. As the page is there and used this way, I feel it would be good to also use it to display one last time to the customer the customer's cart contents as well, just as a courtesy to the customer really.

What I really wanted to know is whether - technically - it is possible, and if so how? Pasting the shopping cart variables etc. into the page just results in a blank area on the final output, presumably because the right script isn't running.

Comment

Working...
      X