Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT and Reporting

Hi,

A client is complaining to me that the reports they are receiving do not distinguish between products sold in the UK and therefore include VAT and tshirts sold elsewhere that do not include VAT.

Their accountant is screaming at them but I am unable to offer a solution. Surely this must be a common problem but I have been unable to find the answer.

Can anyone help enlighten me?

Thanks in advance,
    Dave

I don't use the actinic reports, but try 'More options' and tick the 'sales by country' box.

Mike

PS. Any accountant who screamed at me wouldn't last very long.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

The reports show VAT when VAT is charged, but not when it“s exempt. Has your client set up VAT exemption or has he been charging VAT where he shouldn“t. If the correct VAT has been charged, but the report is showing the wrong values, which report is it and could you given an example please.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi guys, thanks very much for the resposes (responsi?). I will investigate down these routes and come back if I have not resolved the issue.

Many thanks.

Comment

VAT - duty tariff

Dear community,

I would like to ask how it works with VAT and export within EU.

Our customer accountant asked me to send the "duty tariff".

Our company is from Slovakia. Purchasing co. is from Poland. Slovak VAT (19%) does not apply to exports to another countries, right? What can she mean by duty tariff and what should I state in invoice for this?

Many thanks for reply.

Comment

VAT is not chargeable across countries within the EU.

As far as I know Duty Tarriffs are only applied on imports from outside the EU.
            ( Duty Tarrifs are normally protectionist against cheap imports on certain items such as Video Recorders, etc).

I would go go back to the customers accountant and ask them for more details of what they want. After that your best bet is to ask on an accounting forum.

Mike

Comment

Going back to my original post, I have some more specific information from the client...

The problem they are experiencing is that products sold via special offers (in this case buy three £18 products for £45 - saving £9) are not being honoured in the reports. They are showing up as the sale of three full priced t-shirts therefore giving an inaccurate VAT figure on the actual money changing hands.

I don't get inovled in this side of things so I apologise if I'm being naive. I hand them over to the clients to manage so may well be making a school boy error somewhere along the line...

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how this can be resolved?

Many thanks,
              Dave

Comment

Not something I'm familiar with. I'd suggest you get the full details from your client of which report is being run and the error and then get actinic support to look at it.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X