Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQL required to create Product Descriptions for Google

Hi

Some of my products don't have descriptions, that was fine until we decided to make use of Google Base - that requires descriptions against every product.

So, could someone possibly magic some SQL that for every product without a Full description adds a Full description the same as the Short Description?

Thanks in advance
    Kevin

Duplicate content and more likely spamming (as there will be little text on the page due to SPP) may be an issue there and could cost you more in listings than getting listed on Base.

An interim solution would be to exclude the products without product description ... open the Froogle export into Excel and sort on the product description then delete all those that do not have any.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Or do an export > Sort in excel > Copy - Paste Description > Import ?

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Kevin,

If you are using Mole End's mash to product your Google Base feed, then you can choose to use a 'CustomVar' that you can set on each product with a specific value.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King, Mole End Software Support
        Integrated label paper for Actinic A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels.
        One Stop Automation Automate Actinic. Mole End Automation works while you play.
        Mole End Product Mash for Actinic A suite of marketing feeds for your Actinic Store

Actinic Upgrade and Design Service

Comment

Our program (Mole End Product Mash) also automatically uses the short description if the long description is blank.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for the sugestions all, but as I need to upload to Google on a regular basis I really want a one-time-fix.

It's only about 50 products out of a couple of thousand on the site so I shouldn't think it will be an issue with search engines, although that is an area I need to gen up on as I havent done any work in that area.

FYI Incase it's any use as an idea to others, I have pointed Google to do a daily scheduled upload from the website, added the export file to the 'other files' list in Actininc, so now all I need to do is remember to regenerate the google export before I do a web upload each time I add or change a product.

Thanks
            Kev

Comment

Originally posted by KevWal View Post
              It's only about 50 products out of a couple of thousand
              You would really be best advised in this case to spend 30 minutes adding good, keyword rich text to the 50+ products - you will be thankful in the long run.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
              X