Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to cart perl script problems?

Hi
    I have recently upgraded a site from Developer Version 6 to Business Plus Version 9

http://www.cybaqua.co.uk

I have noticed a drastic reduction in orders received on the site. I have tested the site and I can place and download orders successfully. Looking at the site stats using Awstats, so far this month, the following page / url is listed as having over 300 visits with 28 having entered and 40 exited at that url:-

/cgi-bin/ca000003.pl

I understand the ca perl script is the "Add to Cart" script. Does this mean that over 300 visitors have commenced an order and for some reason have chosen not to or have been unable to complete the order process or is there some other explanation why this page would appear in the stats? How can I track how far a visitor proceeds through the order process?

Its the bounce to ssl that is causing the problem with claranet as its hangs and shows a blank page.

Comment

hmmm seems ok to me so maybe a intermitant fault, but i did notice your progress indicator is hardly a progress indicator, may i suggest you make you own or replace the actinic images or turn it off.

Comment

i am just wondering why the only mandatory field is "name" i was able to checkout by only completing this field

Comment

Hi Mal

Thanks for the input, I will speak to Claranet support.

Comment

Hi Darren

Thanks for the suggestion

Comment

Hi Jo
              Thanks for pointing this out

Regards

Terry

Comment

Hi Darren

How do I turn off the progress indicator? I cant see it - must bee looking in all the wrong places. I am new to V9 so still catching up.

Regards

Terry

Comment

It's in settings | site options.

Comment

As Lee Said

Comment

Thanks guys

Terry

Comment

Hi Mal
                        I have checked with Clara.net and they say that all is order with their server and that it may be a browser problem. What browser do you use? Have you heard of this problem before or encountered it on any of your sites?

Comment

Working...
                        X