Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A PayPal handling charge

Hi There,

My client has said due to the high charges Paypal are requested for their services, is it possible to add a handling charge or similar to Paypal paying customers? and if so please can someone tell me how to do it?

Thanks
    Angi
    christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

I'm not sure how this would work. Don't PayPal charge you a % of the transaction, in which case the more you charge the more PayPal are going to charge you.

Is it really that more expensive than processing a Credit Card say?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...side&nav=2.0.5

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

I think you'll find Paypal don't allow you to surcharge for payments taken by Paypal

4.7 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to affect the legal right of a merchant in the UK to impose a surcharge for a debit or credit card transaction under the Credit Cards (Price Discrimination) Order 1990.
      Taken from THIS PAGE
      Tracey

Comment

I have reported sellers to paypal for surcharging and every time, paypal has backed me up and forced the surcharge to be removed.
        If you want to use paypal, pay their fees, if you want to use your own payment gateway, pay their fees, whats the difference. - "its down to the cost of doing business" - don't want to pay the fees, don't use them.

Comment

In light of the question and the rights and wrongs, you can do this under discounts and surcharges, then by payment option.

But don't do it put the price of the product up by a few pence if that's the way they feel, or as suggested, find another PSP.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
            But don't do it put the price of the product up by a few pence if that's the way they feel, or as suggested, find another PSP.
            Putting the price up will merely increase the charges PayPal apply. I think living with the charges or find another PSP are the only real options.

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
              Putting the price up will merely increase the charges PayPal apply. I think living with the charges or find another PSP are the only real options.
              This be true, but its relative, the % extra on say 50p rise would be a couple of pence not be eaten up in charges

Comment

True... A balance would have to be reached!

Army Gore-tex
                Winter Climbing Mitts
                Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Working...
                X