Offline order strange error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offline order strange error

We are trying to enter an offline order but the dropdown list of countries is empty (everything is ok on the site and we are taking orders from around the world).

If we click on next we get an error - no country has been specified for this address.

If we check the 'different invoice and delivery address' the countries miraculously appear in the invoice address form but are absent from the delivery address form so the same error occurs but with the delivery address.

I guess this is something to do with tax zones but can't understand why it would work online but not offline.

Any help appreciated - we need to get this order out today!

Thanks,

Bob

Hi,

I remember having a similar problem in v7 and I did the following that seemed to rectify it:

- go to 'Business Settings | Tax'
    - switch the 'Tax by Location' method to 'Tax by Invoice Address' (or 'Tax by Delivery Address' if it is already set to 'by Invoice Address')
    - click 'OK'
    - try placing an offline order and see if the countries have appeared
    - if so, go back to the tax settings and set it back to what you originally had and then see if the countries still appear.

Something must've happened in the database and changing the settings sort of 'unstuck' the problem. If this doesn't help then I'm afraid that you'll have to contact support so that they can take a look at your snapshot.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

I discovered that changing to 'Tax by invoice address' made the countries appear. However, they were then missing from the delivery address (not that we need that).

I've now switched the settings back again as you suggested and the countries are in both addresses.

Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X