Modifying the Contact Us Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying the Contact Us Page

I am trying to modify how our "Contact Us Page" looks.
    I'd like to change the text that is displayed. I think the field is called,

MailFormHeader

how do I go about changing the content of this?

This post has been written by an Actinic numptie so I will need taking through step-by-step!!!!

thanks
    Max

You can select the contact us page from the drop down box on the design tab, that will be your starting point. See if that provides what you need, design | text may be another area. You can even right click on some areas and be taken to those areas in design | text.

Comment

There are ways to change / add new fields but you will be required to change the form and also edit the scripts.

If you are unsure but wish to try, back everything up 1st.

Then add the new fields to your contact us form get this looking how you want it to. no point in messing with the scripts until you have done this, it will still work online but the new fields filled in will not be in the email you receive until you make script changes.

I will sort out the bits you need to change in the scripts, its not hard but must be done correctly.

Comment

I have the contact us page on display in the design tab.
        I have found the section of text I want to change. When highlighted, it identifies itself as variable

MailFormHeader

When right clicking on the variable, it does not give me any options to edit it. All I want to do is change the words......

Comment

Go into design | text then and use the search option. Type in the text, not the variable name, you should get to see it then.

Comment

Thanks Lee

Just found out where I was going wrong! Was typing in the variable name and not the text!

Have a good weekend
            Max

Comment

Sorry Max i thought you wanted to add stuff to it, as in change the form.

Note to self - read and read again

Comment

Working...
              X