Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge Line items

Hi,

Does Actinic have a max number of Line Items it can handle per order.
    I wish to build a new store which must handle Line Items of up-to 2000.

Many thanks

Gareth

Do you mean the maximum number of items on an order line or the maximum number of order lines?

Comment

This was recently discussed. IIRC the limitation was based on the time taken to process the response of the scripts, not a hard limit. For security some hosts will not let the script run long enough and it may therefore time out.

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=37688

Comment

Duncan is spot on.

However from the shoppers point of view, if it takes only 10 seconds to add an item to the cart and go back to add another, then 2000 items will mean about 5 1/2 hours time online.

Are we missing something here?

Less products but each with huge number of Components perhaps?
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I'm thinking of the number of pages required for the invoice.

Comment

I think this has got to be referring to having 120 of an item, rather than 120 items. Who is going to sit there for half a day adding products.

If you sell products and they need to be sold in large quantities, then setup set quantities of the item and allow those quantities to be bought. 200 jewellery beads for example would instead become 1 pack of 200 beads and therefore just one product.

Comment

I think this was touched upon recently in a another post

Army Gore-tex
              Winter Climbing Mitts
              webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
              Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Hi
                We have a page with over 400 items which has a single add to cart button - I have referred to this before.
                The maximum that Actinic seems to be able to handle is about 130 - thereafter it refuses to accept them.
                So, we go down the usual path - your website doesn't work!
                I end up inputting the lot in discreet orders and then marrying them up in Access to create one order
                However, even if this can be solved, there is another related problem which to date has not been solved - basically Actinic does not allow you to print a packing list sorted by code and/or description.
                So every order we receive has to be interpreted in a Access enquiry and manually copied to to a spreadsheet to create a picking list/ invoice.
                I like Actinic, it is better than anything I have used before.
                It is just this part which makes me want to retire!!!
                Regards
                Howard

Comment

This is the same issue. The single add to cart on a large page has rto pass the quantities of all the products on that page, be it zero or higher, and the script may time out on the server.

Comment

Actinic does not allow you to print a packing list sorted by code and/or description. So every order we receive has to be interpreted in a Access enquiry and manually copied to to a spreadsheet to create a picking list/ invoice.
                    Duncan,

You probably know the answer to this. Can the packing list report be modified to sort items by product code?

Mike
                    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

We obtained a modified packing list from Actinic support for a client once upon a blue moon which did just that - ordered packing list by prod ref, alpha-numerically.
                      It was for V7 or V8 I think, however it is definitely possible.

I'll root it out if it would be of use for anyone......
                      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

This information relates to an Act 5 database, but should still apply, albeit the field name may have been changed:

To sort by description, you need to add the field sReportKey from the table OrderDetail, to your report (in your case, the packing list), and then add a sort by this field. You need sReportKey, as I don't think you can sort on sProductDescription, which has more or less the same content as sReportKey, but is not unique, which is a necessary attribute to allow sorting.

Personally, I have only done this for the OustandingProducts report, using Crystal Reports, but I would have thought this would also be achievable for the Packing List.

You need someone with a knowledge of Crystal Reports to do this for you (for a small fee I would have thought, as it does take time) - Duncan or Jan I would suggest.

Alternatively, you can purchase Crystal Reports 8.5 (it must be 8.5), and have a go yourself, but be warned that whilst CR is very versatile, it is also quite difficult to master.

Comment

Our packing lists have been modified for us in exactly this way by Jan at mole end.
                          All product references are ordered alpha numerically, makes for more organised picking.
                          Donna

Common sense is not that common.

Comment

Working...
                          X