Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

desperate cart/ perl problem/ nightmare yuk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the only thing using gzip is the google urchin scripts, unless im mistaken, do you know whcih files are using that Mike?
    It's running on all your text files, including the large javascript files.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

one thing i have noticed, is the mosso server is on a US IP, that coupled with the com means you will drop out of uk serps.

Comment

Jo's making a very good point. In Google Webmaster Tools you can specify your geo-location, but other search engines aren't as helpful and this could be what's causing your yahoo problems. Your .com domain is doing well so I would definitely recommend moving to a UK based server.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

YIKES!
          I just ran the 'Purge session files' in the troubleshooting page and it started deleting 7700 session files, about 1 every 10 seconds so ive cancelled that and done it with wise ftp and its running through it now, nightmare! really no idea whats going on here now, im now suspecting the hosting co as being the problem again!

you were probably right guys who said its the hosting, or is it.... ?

confused? ........defo!!

regarding the UK serps, i thought that may happen but relished the idea of going back to the to of google.com and sacrificing a few places on google.co.uk - we were high up in google.com a hile back and suffered a loss in traffic when we moved up in google.co.uk instead, do you think i was wrong to thikn that?

i suppose i only have a few days left before i will find out anyway as its been on the US hosts for a good few weeks now

currently trying, without mch success, to get webfusion to grace me with a hosting account.............

Comment

Working...
          X