Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test if section has sub-sections

Sorry to bother y'all -

but I was wondering if there is a built-in variable I can use in a BLOCK IF statement to test whether the Section I am currently in has Sub-sections.

Reason: I want a message to only appear underneath a Section link on a Section page if that Section link has no Sub-Sections.

Cheers!

You can use SectionNameNext in a variety of way in block ifs eg to see if the last child section you can use SectionNameNext != ""

You can also incorporate the SectionLevel variable to test the level beneath the homepage.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for that, just the 'clue' I needed! I'll give it a try

Comment

Unfortunately SectionNameNext tells you if the current section has a subsequent sibling-level section - not a sub-section.

The only way I can see to do this is via a bit of PHP that loads the SubSectionListTop layout and then checks if it's empty or not. As this is a layout, not a variable, you cannot use it in a simple Condition.
        Code:
        <actinic:block php="true">
        $sublist = <<<ENDOFCODE
        <actinic:variable name="SubSectionListTop" />
        ENDOFCODE;
        if ( trim($sublist) == '' ) echo "This section has no sub-sections";
        </actinic:block>
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Wow, thanks for the clarification Norman. Your code looks awesome. I'll certainly be giving that a try later this morning and will let you know how I get on.

Comment

Working...
          X