Components showing as separate orders with Google Analytics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Components showing as separate orders with Google Analytics

I have recently set up my google analytics code in actinic V9 and everything is being tracked including the sales, except there is one problem with the sales data.

My products are set up using components - each size/colour in the drop down list is linked to an associated product through components (for stock purposes).

This is causing the sales data to be wrong. For example if someone orders a pair of boots in size 6, analytics shows this as 1 transaction which is correct, but 2 different items (boots is first item, size 6 is another item). This should be one item – ‘boots size 6’.

I think it may have something to do with the 'component as separate order line' setting, but this is un-ticked, so I’m not sure. Any ideas?

Hi,

I think it may have something to do with the 'component as separate order line' setting, but this is un-ticked,
    If your prices are/can be set within the component (ie not a combination of the product and the component price) then you can tick this box on each component on a product and then select the 'No Order Line for main product' box. You will have to make sure that your choices /or associated products (if using) have relevant names as the main product will not show in the basket.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunatly my products are not set up like this. Since the price is the same for all colours/sizes, I just use main product price. Therefore the pricing is not set in the components.

Is it possible to just send the main product name to google analytics, and not send the the size/colour (component) inoformation?

Comment

I still haven't managed to get this working. The tracking works fine if products just have a drop down list for colours/sizes with no components - the product name is sent to analytics and the size/colour is ignored. I just need this to do the same for when the drop down is using components.

If this is not possible, then I may need to change the google analytics code. All my components have the name "options". So I could probably add some JavaScript to only add a new act_item if the act_productname does not contain the word "options".

Dose anyone have any ideas on which bit of code I should change? I’m guessing its the "Google Analytics Item Details"?

Comment

Hi - I have a clothing store which is in v8.5.2 which had the same/similar problem until I changed the Actinic code as per my suggestion on this page:

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...alytics&page=5

I would have thought that Actinic would have fixed this for v9. I hope they have for 9.03 as this kind of issue will stop me upgrading the site.
          Regards
          David

Comment

Working...
          X