Importing data using .csv file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing data using .csv file

Have just upgraded a client's site into v9 using NorList as amended some of the product sections. All is working well.

However this client has 1000s of products so updates the content by importing a flat file .csv document. Am a techno-numpty when it comes to spreadsheets and am struggling to figure out how to get the new product sections showing in the .csv file.

Have tried exporting from Actinic and can see the heirarchical data which shows the new sections but cannot figure out how to get this working in the flat file format. I've gone through the help section, downloaded the sample file to check headings, searched the forum and spoken to support but am still not getting it right!

If anyone has an idiot's guide to adding new sections to a spreadsheet - this idiot would be extremely grateful!! TIA.

Use a 'Pipe' in the Section Name.
    (That's Shift \ )

So, for example.
    Top Level Section Name|2nd Level Section Name|And so on.

Do this for each product in the section and Actinic will place them correctly.

Also, did you know about 'FlatFileConvertor.exe' in the Root of the Actinic Diirectory?
    Great little tool, have a play with it.

Comment

Thanks so much for the advice. Added into the new sections and amended the column title to:

Section Title|Section Text

Then in each new section field put in the info as follows:

Section Heading|Product Section

for all the sections/products that sit within these new sections. However when I imported this new flat file, I just got errors and the import failed...

If you could bear to help again, am happy to email a copy of the file to see if you can spot where I'm going wrong but don't want to post it on the forum...

Thanks once again.

Comment

I'm off work following an operation at the moment, but would be happy to look at the file for you.
        My email address is on my website.

Comment

Three loud cheers for Roger!

Who has still managed to help me out whilst recovering.

How lucky are we to have these individuals helping out in this forum?

Comment

Working...
          X