Extra Info on Packing List Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra Info on Packing List Report

I'm trying to get some dispatch information into the packing list.
    1. We have a product set up with Pricing model for a component set to: "Sum of Component Parts" and "No Order Line for Main Product"
    2. We have the permutations tab product field pulling in hidden products in order to be able to have seperate product codes and stock control.
    3. We've got the price coming from the the Associated Product
    4. We want each hidden product to have a Pick Location and a Pick Colour
    5. We put this in the "Product Description for Packing List and Invoice Reports" Field on Reports Description Tab of all the associated products.
    So far so good - here's the snafu

Instead of pulling in the Report Description in the packing list for the associated product - it is pulling in the one for the main product which is no use to us.

Can we get it to do what we want - or do we need to get someone to alter the Crystal Report to include some Custom Variables set for each product? I've heard that Cyrstal Reports 8.5 is the only one that can be trusted with Actinic Reports - I've got the version that comes with Visual Studio 2005 - which I beleive is version 10 - how badly would this screw things up??

I'm not very familiar with it anyway so if someone would like to voluteer for some paid work - that would be cool with me!!!
    Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

drounding is your man for the job

Comment

You can only use v8.5, v10 will not work.
      I've sent you an email.

Comment

ok cool - thanks
        Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

Just thinking out loud here but...

What if I make some custom variables - mark them so that they upload to cgi's and append them to the product name as <input type="hidden" > as shown here

Change the code one of the General Information Questions (which appear on the packing slip) to a hidden field and then use javascript to set the value of the General Information hidden field to match that of the Custom Variable Hidden Field - anyone see any problems.
          Wayne Theisinger

Comment

Your initial post implied that it was a per product bit of information you needed. The General Information field is per order.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Good point, but thinking about it, can't I append to the field with every product? - It's only text after all and I'll be using client side code.
              Wayne Theisinger

Comment

Working...
              X