Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I hide a whole Section? Read why I need to do so . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I hide a whole Section? Read why I need to do so . . .

. . . we have customised staff uniform products which are only available to companies concerned. Someone from Joe Bloggs Ltd can only buy Joe Bloggs staff uniform etc.
    So when they sign on I want to allow them to see a section called "Joe Bloggs uniform" as well as all the non-customised areas like safety shoes and signs etc.
    Therefore when Bill Smith Ltd logs on I want to hide the "Joe Bloggs uniform" section from them.
    How do I hide an entire section?

Side question. If you call Actinic Customer Support and leave them with a question (open ticket), does anyone ever get called phoned back?

You need actinic business to be able to do this. Actinic have possibly not called back because the answer is in the help files and on thier website

Comment

Thanks for your reply Mal; I am using Actinic Business.
      I've tried the Help Files, but I just can't see the relevant section. If you know where it is, can you direct me please.

Comment

customer accounts?

Comment

Yes Jo, I've got as far as making all the Customer Accounts details and made various product sections containing all their customised products. But I don't seem to be able to tie them together.
          What I'm looking for now is the magic instruction that says
          "Only show the Joe Bloggs Uniform section to someone who logs on as 'Joe Bloggs'."
          I could go into every product, one by one, and exclude each one from being visible to every customer apart from Joe Bloggs, but I think I would grow old and die before completing the task. Rather, I'm looking for the quicker ability to do it at section level.

Comment

In the knowledge base:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=44803.

Mike
            Last edited by KB2; 23-Mar-2010, 11:03 AM. Reason: Updating kb links
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike!
              I'm going to have a go at this later today and I hope to able to report instant success with it. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X