Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Increase Qty' doesn't do what it says on the tin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Increase Qty' doesn't do what it says on the tin!

Ref THIS THREAD

(I feel like I'm on a ranting rampage this morning, I'm really not, honest!!)

IMO, the 'increase qty' option, within the Line Items page of an order, should do just that. INCREASE the quantity, NOT add a completely new orderline.

If I change the figure from 1 to 2, I expect the TOTAL to be 2, NOT to be adding 2 MORE to the order.

OK...rant over (for now )

(the issue with the price only charging one lot seems to be sporadic and dependant on what buttons you click in what order to make the change. I cant replicate it easily enough but it does sometimes work correctly, as far as VALUE goes, and sometimes not. That's beside the point though)
    Tracey

Hi Tracey,

I know that this has been requested before and the reasons for the way it works were:

1. The main reason was to preserve some auditability. We felt it was important that some record of the original ordered quantity.

2. Discounts (quantity based or promotional) may be different at the time of changing the order to when the order was placed. In fact at the time we were still selling Order Manager and thus had to cope with the fact that product-related data may not be available at all (this would also be the same for those who split order processing from catalog maintenance).

I've let them know that there are three more people who would prefer it to just add the quantity to the original order line (including Jo and Darren from the other thread).
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

tbh, Tracey, I don't mind so much that is adds another orderline. What i object to is how misleading the whole "increase" prompt is.
      Fine, add a new line. But it should add an orderline of quantity ONE not two.
      Tracey

Comment

Ah I see. So ideally, when you click on the button, where is says 'Ordered' should really say something like 'increase by:'. I'll suggest that as it will probably be easier for development to do rather than change the whole functionality.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

that would certainly be an improvement, Tracey, yes.

It's misleading at the moment because it implies that changing the 'ordered' 1 to 2 will increase the ordered quantity from 1 to 2 except it doesn't. it ADDS a further 2 to the order.

Even just making that small change would certainly help
          Tracey

Comment

add my vote to this as it catches me out every time! D
            Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Originally posted by Donna Kempster View Post
              add my vote to this as it catches me out every time! D
              Same here, add my vote as well please

Comment

And another...........almost into double figures now.
                Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
                The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

Comment

Has this been fixed in V10 ?

Being a trade only site , our retailers chop & change orders regularly and not being able to simply change numbered ordered seems strange , i do understand your reasoning , but surely giving us an option of a line change or add an additional line would suit all ?

Comment

Hello Alexander

No am I afraid it works the same way in v10 as in does in v9. I have added an issue to our tracking system for consideration for the future.
                    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X